What's new

pipe tobacco scent

Are you looking for pipe tobacco or a scent that smells like pipe tobacco? I get my pipe tobacco scent the old fashioned way by burning copious quantities of Prince Albert (yes I buy it in the can) in pre-1940 Kaywoodies.

Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanilla from the Private Collection is what you're looking for. No doubt. But it's really expensive.

Armani Attitude is more of a cherry pipe tobacco, and much less expensive. But it fades into a somewhat generic-smelling musk scent in not too long.

Creed's Vintage Tabarome is a very old-worldly smelling fragrance. It is a barbershop scent, but quite pungent. The tobacco is strong, as is the leather. It reminds me of cowboys in the old west. Maybe more cigar-tobacco than pipe tobacco, though.

Scentronic's got it right with Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. It is expensive but it smells great. It reminds me of my grandfather smoking his pipe. I think around $180 for 1.7 ounces. Not worth in imho.

As more-affordable alternatives to Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, I offer the following:

• Demeter Fragrance Library Pipe Tobacco EDC
  • Demeter Fragrance Library Whiskey Tobacco EDC
  • Molyneux Gauloise EDT
For those of us who have to know more, I offer this thread from Basenotes.com: TOBACCO!...Who's the Daddy?

note: I own and regularly use all of the tobacco scents mentioned in the first part of this post.

^Haven't smelled Alt Innsbruck, but dude who recommended it from Germany's word is gold.

I second scentronic on Creed Vintage Tabarome, and Tobacco Vanille.

Last edited:
Load pipe via Frank method. Do not inhale. Puff steadily. switch pipe to opposite side of face while shaving.O/W, continue as before while shaving. I'd suggest a Gawaith blend.

Are you looking for pipe tobacco or a scent that smells like pipe tobacco? I get my pipe tobacco scent the old fashioned way by burning copious quantities of Prince Albert (yes I buy it in the can) in pre-1940 Kaywoodies.

Speaking of PA... I just got my pouch back from my buddy & there are 5 Kaywoodies waiting for my "codger burleys" to burn:lol:

dunhill stopped producing tobbacco i have a few aging tins but is getting really hard to find cause they stopped making it

it isn't hard to produce that classic pipe scent most aromatics will give off a good scent, however with englishes it might be another story cause it lacks the misc additives that the aromatic stuff has

i like
1 CAO - blue note
2 esoterica - stone haven
3 mac barren X 10

arromatics are ok but tend to be juicy and smoke really wet so i tend to stay away from those..

Knize Ten, but you have to like leather too.

define leather. i hear that word getting tossed around too much.

leather belt, leather jacket?

.........................CHAPS ?

:001_smile

btw, everyone else has been helpful as well. i wish i could bottle blue note pipe tobacco. that stuff smells great.

Tea for two- has a strong fermented/aged scent like a good Virgina when you open a tin.

Tea for Two is such a nice smell. But I don't think there is a tobacco scent to it. Its more of an incense and "smoky" scent.

If you are looking for pipe tobacco, I would second the Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford. HOWEVER, the best cologne you are looking for would be Bogart Pour Homme. It is definately a pipe tobacco fragrance but even more is that it has a bit of cherry in it as well. Its incredibly cheap too. This would have to be your starting place for any pipe tobacco scent.

Perhaps not Pipe tobacco exactly, but Nicole Miller has to be one of the oldest tobacco scents out there. Totally tobacco, IMHO. I personally don't like it (used to sell it) but lots of guys seem to like it.

Top Bottom