What's new

Damn, too long :cry: Cast Iron FTW though

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Could have gone about 30 seconds or so less in the oven (1.5 minutes on each side at 500 after 60 seconds on each side in the cast iron on the stove)

On that note - Cooking a steak with cast iron is epic win

Yummo!

I don't yet have a cast iron, but my heavy saute pan works quite well.
I've only been able to use the grill twice this year. Otherwise, I sear in the heavy saute pan and pop it in the oven.

It works for me and the dog never complains about my cooking.

Explanation: The doctors think I should have no more than 3 oz. (3 oz cook, 4 oz uncooked) of meat at a time. I think my dog is paying them because I never buy a 4 oz steak. They just don't make t-bones and porterhouse that small!

I got lucky being born in Erie PA - home of Griswold. I was able to snatch up a bunch of them at various estate sales when I used to live out there before I moved west.

I have 2 skillets the same as the one in the pics (#8's), a griddle, a dutch oven, and a #3 skillet (about 4 inches across)

I use these things all the time in the kitchen and they blow away any type of 'modern' cookware I have ever used. The versatility is unparalleled and they have better non-stick abilities than anything on the market.

I also happen to have an epic chili recipe for the dutch oven that allows you to make cornbread......on top of the chili :w00t:

Top Bottom