What's new

How many shaves do you get from Derbys?

The number of shaves that you get from a blade is affected by how many passes you make per shave. Everybody does not do the same number of passes.

I get one to many shaves from any blade, with some blades not even making it through the first shave. That includes Derby.

The numbers on the Derby blades are there for the purpose of calibrating the machinery they use to sharpen the blades. It's part of the quality control process for them.

The numbers that I get out of the Derbys are with 3 passes plus touch up, Feathers are 2 passes with touch ups!

Usually five days, three passes per day + blade buffing. I can go more, but the blades are cheap, so why not change them? I have gone seven days, but usually day six and seven are not as close.

I usually change my blade every saturday as a matter of course. So that's 7 shaves for me with no problems. Last summer when the mail was slow to Iraq I managed to stretch it out for almost two weeks.

I am sorry but I simply can't help myself here.
Read this thread a couple of times the last few days and up till now I could muster the strength to let it pass..
My answer;

Preferably none, actually

I am sorry. :jump:

I get 6 - 8 shaves per blade with each shave requiring 3-4 passes. I think the reason I get more shaves per blade is that after shaving, I strop the blades on my hand and then dry them.

I have no problem getting a good 7 shaves with each Derby. I wonder if shaving in the shower immediately after shampooing hair/face makes a difference :confused:

Top Bottom