What's new

Near BBS -- Complete Gratitude

Hello Gentlemen,

I would like to thank all of you for the information you have so graciously shared on this forum. I never knew I'd come to enjoy shaving like I have.

Yesterday was the best shave I've ever got. It was nearly a BBS, except for a couple of really tiny spots where the hair could be felt (but not seen) against the grain. Normally, I have some stubble left on my chin, and the jawline, and sometimes on the neck too, after I'm done shaving. In the past, I got cut pretty bad trying to get a BBS on these spots, and never actually managed it successfully. This time, it worked like a charm, and there were only two very small nicks which stopped by the time I was on my third pass. There was very little irritation to speak of. I found the stretching tips to be most useful, and probably a key addition to the technique this time around.

FWIW, I used Proraso pre-shave on each pass (4 passes), Proraso cream, and a Merkur HD with Derby blades. It was the first time I used the Derby blades, they are awesome. Worked better for me than Merkurs and Feathers. YMMV.

Needless to say that the technique and the products are all based on the posts I have read on B&B. I'm looking forward to many more great shaves!

Cheers,

Yogesh

Right on Yogesh!

Glad to hear it paid off for you and so early as well.

Keep posting about your shaves. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Congrats Yogesh!

Derbys are excellent blades- as long as they work for you!(they are my favorites also, but in a tie with the Feathers.)

Marty

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Derbys are a great all around blade that work in a variety of razors.

Another poor soul is hooked, I see.

Thank you, guys! It's fun to be here.

I've figured out one more thing. I had been trying too many changes in my shaving process and products with virtually every shave, and never knew what exactly works and what doesn't. Now, I am going to stick to the same process, including frequency of shaves, and products for the life of one blade. That way, I can compare them better.

Cheers,

Yogesh

Right on Yogesh, I've been doing the same thing and really enjoying some amazing results. Keeping it simple and maintaining some kind of continuity has helped me a lot. :biggrin:

yogesh said:
Normally, I have some stubble left on my chin, and the jawline, and sometimes on the neck too, after I'm done shaving.
I had the same problem when I started. I still haven't worked out all of the kinks of getting this area perfect, but thats where technique comes in. As someone with the same problem, I can definately tell you it will improve!

Good luck.

Top Bottom