What's new

Can you bowl lather with shave soap?

I usually prefer to face lather, but I pull out the bowl to give my skin a break every few days. Works just as well as it does with cream if you get enough water/product in the bowl.

I do a combination of both, work it up a bit in a bowl first and finish building the lather by working it into my face...

just built the lather in a separate bowl for the first time today. It worked well. I do like face lathering, but if I do three passes, my brush begins to irritate my skin (i have been aquiring new razors and soaps, but still have my $5 wal-greens special boar hair brush).

I bough a larger coffe mug that I lather with everyday. I have tried face lathering but find I prefer using a bowl. I now only face lather when I travel. I travel with a shave stick.

bowl lather with shave soap? absolutely! But be sure to work in well after putting it on your beard. Spend a little extra time lathering it into your beard will pay premiums in "slickness".

I lather in a separate bowl, not the container I keep the soap in.

+1 Soap the bejesus out of your brush swirl it around in your mug, works like a charm. Much better than face lathering IMHO. For my against the grain pass, the last one, I always milk all the soapy goodness out of my brush and apply it by hand after an initial brush pass.

For my against the grain pass, the last one, I always milk all the soapy goodness out of my brush and apply it by hand after an initial brush pass.

haha, i've been doing that too incidentally. felt like I was wasting lather if I didn't use it up

Puck to face my friend, just like hockey. :tongue: I used to use a bowl for lathering until I actually tried face lathering...I've now quietly returned my hijacked lather bowl to its rightful spot in the kitchen cupboard.

Top Bottom