What's new

Number one on the day you were born.

Afternoon lads, I found this on another forum and thought you lot might like it:

http://www.joshhosler.biz/, this website has every number one back to 1890, according to it, so everyone should be able to find their birthday.

Mine is: The Flame by Cheap Trick.

So, what's yours?

Ill bite....Summer in the City, by The Lovin' Spoonful.

As scary as that is for me, what is worse is the fact that the last artist reaching number one on my birthday that I might consider listening too is 1991 with Bryan Adams and Everything I Do I Do for You.

Im no music fuddy duddy either, I love new, different, offbeat stuff. I think it just illustrates the direction pop music has taken in the last 20 years.

Ringo Starr!
When did he get a number one on the bill boards? I'll tell you when, on my birthday!
How did that even happen? He can't sing and the song is terrible.

"Stagger Lee" by Lloyd Price. Looked it up: I didn't realize it was based on a true story of a murder in 1895 and had been recorded by many artists in many versions. I've heard the song, but have no idea if it was the Lloyd Price version. Interesting.

Rick

Man, you guys are young. I may be a newbie but I'm an oldster newbie. #1 on the day I was born was "On the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe" by Johnny Mercer.

:w00t: Well I had the mighty Tom Jones knocking out 'Green Green Grass of Home ' for me to pop out into the world here in the UK - While across the pond The Monkees were whooping the kids with 'I'm A Believer' :lol:

Top Bottom