What's new

Are you kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol::lol: That's one of the things that I like about him. He is charismatic and has a sense of humor. It is too bad that the world is so PC that he felt the need to apologize for that

:lol::lol: That's one of the things that I like about him. He is charismatic and has a sense of humor. It is too bad that the world is so PC that he felt the need to apologize for that

From an average Joe and in an average conversation his remarks may have been humorous, but he is the President and he was on public television. It was a screw up the "most powerful man" in the world cannot afford.

Last edited:
Ugghhh.

He shouldn't have said what he said, but if the shoe were on the other foot and a Republican president said it, Democrats would crucify him and the GOP would downplay it. This time, the ugly shoe is on the other ugly foot.

"Partisanship: It's okay if our side does it!"

I think it goes without saying that this thread will be watched closely by the mods.

The unfortunate fact is that it is the extreme left that has created the over PC everyone is equal world that we live in. So he as their spokesperson should have known better. From an average Joe and in an average conversation his remarks may have been humorous, but he is the President and he was on public television. It was a screw up of GW proportions.

There is a pat phrase that my brother the Warrant Officer frequently used for Clinton, GW Bush, and now Obama that I'm sure that you are familiar with concerning a soldier's duty to his President... :lol::lol:

Thing is, the man thinks he's an entertainer, like a movie star or rock star. He gets around the Hollyweirdos and feels like he's amongst friends and drops his guard and stuff like this happens. He had no damn business on the Jay Leno show anyway. I'm kinda pissed that amongst the other trillions of dollars of our money he's pissed away, we now have to pay for him and his enterage to go on Jay Leno and make an *** of himself.

On a lighter note, there's a Special Olympian bowler locally who has said he accepts Chairman Obama's apology but would really like to settle it by challenging the Messiah to a bowling match. This guys average is like 185!

Barak Hussien Obama getting his *** kicked at bowling by a Special Olympian! Priceless, it should be on PPV.

I think it goes without saying that this thread will be watched closely by the mods.

I agree Shane it will get watch by the Mod squad. I didn't intend for this to be a shame on the left thread just to point out the screw up.

All, lets try to keep the comments to the content of his remarks and not his political affiliations.

The reason this will never get any major press is because the US media is liberal. The reason there seems to be a double standard for Republicans and Democrats is because the media is liberally-biased.

In all honesty, this should not be forgiven that easily. Obama just insulted a whole group of people that cannot help the problems they have.

And the fact that Obama wants to make this up by inviting some of them to the White House is wrong because that's just Obama trying to make them forget about it, not make it up to them.

There is a pat phrase that my brother the Warrant Officer frequently used for Clinton, GW Bush, and now Obama that I'm sure that you are familiar with concerning a soldier's duty to his President... :lol::lol:

I'll always support my President because he is my President not just because I am obligated under the Uniform Code of Military Justice but because I am an American.

However, that really was a terrible remark for him to say on television.

But, as Freud would say....

On a lighter note, there's a Special Olympian bowler locally who has said he accepts Chairman Obama's apology but would really like to settle it by challenging the Messiah to a bowling match. This guys average is like 185!

That article was in my paper this morning.

But in all honesty, do you not see why the bowler is so forgiving of the president?

I'll always support my President because he is my President not just because I am obligated under the Uniform Code of Military Justice but because I am an American.

However, that really was a terrible remark for him to say on television.

But, as Freud would say....

Absolutely, as we all should, and I always try to do. However, when they are being particularly boneheaded, it is always funny to hear him rattle out the UCMJ stuff:lol:

I agree Shane it will get watch by the Mod squad. I didn't intend for this to be a shame on the left thread just to point out the screw up.

All, lets try to keep the comments to the content of his remarks and not his political affiliations.

Aye, Regardless of the political party, it was a terrible mis-speak.

All the more so because of the party though.

That article was in my paper this morning.

But in all honesty, do you not see why the bowler is so forgiving of the president?

I think it was silly for him to have to apologize. Everyone knew it was self-deprecating humor. I typically fall into the camp of "if you're offended by what someone else says, that's your problem."

That's not to say that there aren't some really hurtful things that can cause pain. However, if someone is joking around and not being mean spirited- just deal with it

President or otherwise, He is human.......humans make mistakes. A big man realizes he makes a mistake and an even bigger man apologizes for it.

Remember, a mistake made once is a valuable lesson. I welcome making mistakes, I can learn......I am human....

It was terrible thing for anyone to say on TV, especially an elected official - with or without his teleprompter. But I cannot say that I was too surprised.

Imagine the uproar if a Republican had said something similar. Such a remark would be construed as further proof of that person's stupidity.

Last edited:
I think it was silly for him to have to apologize. Everyone knew it was self-deprecating humor. I typically fall into the camp of "if you're offended by what someone else says, that's your problem."

That's not to say that there aren't some really hurtful things that can cause pain. However, if someone is joking around and not being mean spirited- just deal with it

I agree with that. I believe race, gender, religion, etc. should be joked about on occasion, however, I am upset because if a Republican made that comment, the liberal media would hound him/her. While your opinion of the Republican party may differ from mine, it is unfair nonetheless.

President or otherwise, He is human.......humans make mistakes. A big man realizes he makes a mistake and an even bigger man apologizes for it.

Remember, a mistake made once is a valuable lesson. I welcome making mistakes, I can learn......I am human....

In that case, would you, in all honest opinion, allow George W. Bush to serve a third term because his mistakes allow lessons to be learned?

This is just a big double standard. Mistakes can be made, and should be forgiven, however, mistakes have consequences and those must be dealt with.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom