What's new

you know you're obsessed with wetshaving when...

me: you take a detour into the bathroom just so you can catch a whiff of your col conks almond soap and badger brush. now that I think about it I do this almost everyday.

what weird quirks have you picked up when you started wetshaving? do you run your thumb perpendicular to the razor just to see how it feels? time to fess up.

my weird quirk is looking at what other guys are shaving with at the gym I go to! I have yet to see a DE, and do not expect to. :bored:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
me: you take a detour into the bathroom just so you can catch a whiff of your col conks almond soap and badger brush. now that I think about it I do this almost everyday.

what weird quirks have you picked up when you started wetshaving? do you run your thumb perpendicular to the razor just to see how it feels? time to fess up.

:001_rolle I did that... since I started wetshaving...

I sometimes get "Are you shaving? Again? Didn't you shave this morning?" All in the same conversation...

Finally, I often feel the grain of my beard while reading, it's something I never did before...

...you find yourself purposely using too much cream just so it'll run out faster and you can buy more.

...you are actually disappointed that your shaving soaps never actually seem to get any smaller.

...you put on expensive colognes after your evening shower just before bed.

...you get 1/2 a shave out of each blade.

...companies have stopped sending samples to your various pseudonyms (who all mysteriously live at the same address).

...you risk long-standing friendships by trying to convert 'the guys' over to Speick and Superspeeds.

...your wife has actually said, "I will kill you on the spot if you ask me to smell your face one more time".

...you don't care anymore that people tell you that you smell like their grandpa.

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

One of my daughter's has an Italian boyfriend. She lives quite a way from me and, for one reason or another, I met him for the first time only yesterday.
I think you may guess what my main topic of conversation was. He said that he could only shave every other day and that he used a cartridge razor, fusion I think. I had him in my power and gave him the works. After a while I began to get "funny" looks from SWMBO who, together with my daughter, started to make comments about me needing "help" of some kind. They then went on to describe my shave den looking like a cross between a barber shop and an antique store and that I was extending out into other rooms. I said that there are lots of people like me and that we meet in our own special places. "Secure I hope" retorted my daughter. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I don't think that I convinced the boyfriend of anything but I did plant a seed. And yes, I was constanty faceturbating which he must have thought was a nervous affliction. It isn't is it? Off now to ogle my shaving regalia which I do a few times each day.

One of my daughter's has an Italian boyfriend. She lives quite a way from me and, for one reason or another, I met him for the first time only yesterday.
I think you may guess what my main topic of conversation was. He said that he could only shave every other day and that he used a cartridge razor, fusion I think. I had him in my power and gave him the works. After a while I began to get "funny" looks from SWMBO who, together with my daughter, started to make comments about me needing "help" of some kind. They then went on to describe my shave den looking like a cross between a barber shop and an antique store and that I was extending out into other rooms. I said that there are lots of people like me and that we meet in our own special places. "Secure I hope" retorted my daughter. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I don't think that I convinced the boyfriend of anything but I did plant a seed. And yes, I was constanty faceturbating which he must have thought was a nervous affliction. It isn't is it? Off now to ogle my shaving regalia which I do a few times each day.

Wow, as much as I like shaving and the related discussions concerning it, that kinda creeped even me out. :biggrin:

Here is one for you...

Sometimes when I am in the bathroom doing my business, brushing my teeth or whatever, I pop the cap off my Bigelow cream and take a whiff :biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom