Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: you know you're obsessed with wetshaving when...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    2,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default you know you're obsessed with wetshaving when...

    me: you take a detour into the bathroom just so you can catch a whiff of your col conks almond soap and badger brush. now that I think about it I do this almost everyday.

    what weird quirks have you picked up when you started wetshaving? do you run your thumb perpendicular to the razor just to see how it feels? time to fess up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Posts
    7,752
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    None that I prefer to discuss :)
    Chris

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,147
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    You shave several times a day, until it starts to injure your skin, then you cut down to only twice a day.
    Ed

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    1,061
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    my weird quirk is looking at what other guys are shaving with at the gym I go to! I have yet to see a DE, and do not expect to.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Badger State AGAIN
    Posts
    15,435
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Images
    1

    Default

    ...you join a forum to talk about shaving.
    Relax...Take it easy...Enjoy the lather. Dennis

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    1,439
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSaw View Post
    ...you join a forum to talk about shaving.
    yep - that could be considered weird...
    Make the world a safer place - drive a hybrid.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    889
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSaw View Post
    ...you join a forum to talk about shaving.
    You check said forum 5 times a day!
    “Know first who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.” — Epictetus

    “One may become rich, but one is born elegant.” — Balzac

    Free Honing for Newbies starting May 15th.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montréal, Canada
    Posts
    40,789
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post
    me: you take a detour into the bathroom just so you can catch a whiff of your col conks almond soap and badger brush. now that I think about it I do this almost everyday.

    what weird quirks have you picked up when you started wetshaving? do you run your thumb perpendicular to the razor just to see how it feels? time to fess up.
    I did that... since I started wetshaving...

    I sometimes get "Are you shaving? Again? Didn't you shave this morning?" All in the same conversation...

    Finally, I often feel the grain of my beard while reading, it's something I never did before...
    Cheers, Luc - My Gear(Wiki) - Have a question, PM a mod. That's why we're here!
    Drop by the B&B Video Library Forum

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,749
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyAngel View Post
    You check said forum 5 times a day!
    Only 5 times?

    I keep a puck of Col Conks in the kitchen as hand soap, so that way I don't have to run to the bathroom to smell shave soap. I may have to start keeping a puck in the car as well.
    “The things you used to own, now they own you.”

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    You rack up nearly 3,400 posts in less than six months on a shaving forum!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sacramento California
    Posts
    3,482
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlagleRock View Post
    You rack up nearly 3,400 posts in less than six months on a shaving forum!
    Only 9 posts away, you can do it!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord5 View Post
    Only 9 posts away, you can do it!
    2 more

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Here's 3.4K

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    4,334
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    ...you find yourself purposely using too much cream just so it'll run out faster and you can buy more.

    ...you are actually disappointed that your shaving soaps never actually seem to get any smaller.

    ...you put on expensive colognes after your evening shower just before bed.

    ...you get 1/2 a shave out of each blade.

    ...companies have stopped sending samples to your various pseudonyms (who all mysteriously live at the same address).

    ...you risk long-standing friendships by trying to convert 'the guys' over to Speick and Superspeeds.

    ...your wife has actually said, "I will kill you on the spot if you ask me to smell your face one more time".

    ...you don't care anymore that people tell you that you smell like their grandpa.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Diego,CA
    Posts
    961
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderball View Post
    ...you don't care anymore that people tell you that you smell like their grandpa.
    thatz tha one.........

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CRANFORD, NJ
    Posts
    3,319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    i mentioned this once before: i looked at my cat once and contemplated making a brush out of some of her fur.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    One of my daughter's has an Italian boyfriend. She lives quite a way from me and, for one reason or another, I met him for the first time only yesterday.
    I think you may guess what my main topic of conversation was. He said that he could only shave every other day and that he used a cartridge razor, fusion I think. I had him in my power and gave him the works. After a while I began to get "funny" looks from SWMBO who, together with my daughter, started to make comments about me needing "help" of some kind. They then went on to describe my shave den looking like a cross between a barber shop and an antique store and that I was extending out into other rooms. I said that there are lots of people like me and that we meet in our own special places. "Secure I hope" retorted my daughter. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I don't think that I convinced the boyfriend of anything but I did plant a seed. And yes, I was constanty faceturbating which he must have thought was a nervous affliction. It isn't is it? Off now to ogle my shaving regalia which I do a few times each day.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Great North Woods
    Posts
    3,799
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddyface View Post
    One of my daughter's has an Italian boyfriend. She lives quite a way from me and, for one reason or another, I met him for the first time only yesterday.
    I think you may guess what my main topic of conversation was. He said that he could only shave every other day and that he used a cartridge razor, fusion I think. I had him in my power and gave him the works. After a while I began to get "funny" looks from SWMBO who, together with my daughter, started to make comments about me needing "help" of some kind. They then went on to describe my shave den looking like a cross between a barber shop and an antique store and that I was extending out into other rooms. I said that there are lots of people like me and that we meet in our own special places. "Secure I hope" retorted my daughter. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I don't think that I convinced the boyfriend of anything but I did plant a seed. And yes, I was constanty faceturbating which he must have thought was a nervous affliction. It isn't is it? Off now to ogle my shaving regalia which I do a few times each day.
    Wow, as much as I like shaving and the related discussions concerning it, that kinda creeped even me out.
    My razor is a chunk of obsidian (with a Flexball™). It also vibrates.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Here is one for you...

    Sometimes when I am in the bathroom doing my business, brushing my teeth or whatever, I pop the cap off my Bigelow cream and take a whiff
    Last edited by walds11; 03-22-2009 at 04:48 AM.
    Adam

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderball View Post
    ...you find yourself purposely using too much cream just so it'll run out faster and you can buy more.

    ...you are actually disappointed that your shaving soaps never actually seem to get any smaller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Obsessed with Rockets
    By maxman in forum Double Edged Razors
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 08:08 AM
  2. BBS obsessed
    By 512Lyle in forum Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 07:40 AM
  3. obsessed>
    By red71veloce in forum General Shaving Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 08:35 PM
  4. Shave-obsessed.
    By salisburyyates in forum Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 12:36 PM
  5. How obsessed are you?
    By mjsorkin in forum General Shaving Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 12:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.
Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.