What's new

Castlecraver

Good evening everyone, welcome to our third installment of Badger and Blade's Meritorious Shaver Award. Thank you all for attending.

This award, also known as the "Timmy", is being presented to an outstanding member of B&B, as selected by the Moderators, for their participation at the Badger and Blade.

The basis for this award was founded upon the principles that the Moderators deemed important when considering a member for the award but more importantly, it is being given in the spirit of camaraderie and fun.

This recipient was chosen in recognition of his many contributions here at B&B. His contributions here have consistently been insightful, gentlemanly, witty and at times, provocative. Aside from his being a regular contributor to the Speakeasy/Spirit of the Month wherein he has provided us with his keen insight in the realm of libations, he also serves as one of the administrators for the B&B Facebook site. This member can always be counted on to lend a hand to a new member in finding their way around our community. We are also very familiar with this member's flair for "festive" creativity.

This recipient's work with the pen, as well as the knife :wink: has provided so much enjoyment to all the members here at B&B. The time and care that is evident in such works as The B&B Christmas Poem and The B&B Pumpkin of the Year are indicative of his dedication to Badger and Blade as well as his commitment to make B&B a better community for all its members. These particular contributions are the kind that will be enjoyed by B&B'ers for years to come and as such, this recipient has left his imprint on B&B.

It was this recipient's entry in the What B&B Means To Me contest that was awarded the best essay, as chosen by the Moderators. Although there were some stellar entries, this recipient's essay was chosen for capturing the true essence of the Badger & Blade community and for exemplifying how this little piece of cyber-space can make a difference in people's everyday lives. This recipient's essay conveyed a true feeling of community that we can only hope is shared by most, if not all, of the members here at B&B.

Not only are his tangible contributions to B&B appreciated by everyone here, but his intangible contributions as well. Just recently celebrating his 3000th post, this recipient has truly become one of the "old guard" here at B&B, one that other members have come to know and trust. These are the qualities that have led the Moderators to name Pat as the third recipient of the B&B Meritorious Shaver Award.

It is for the aforementioned reasons, that the Moderators at B&B take great pleasure in awarding the B&B Meritorious Shaver Award to: CASTLECRAVER

The award shown below will be entered into the Merit Award Winners Gallery, where Pat's avatar will adorn the walls of the gallery joining previous recipients, Ray and Scotto.

CASTLECRAVER

castlecraver.jpg

Image1.jpg

IT IS ON THIS 21th day of March, 2009, in recognition of his contributions to B&B and to the wet-shaving community, Castlecraver has received the B&B Meritorious Shaver Award.

Pat is being recognized for his years of service to the B&B community as well as his "festive" contributions which will be enjoyed for years to come. His participation has been and continues to be a benefit to all the members of B&B.

In addition to his literary and artistic contributions, Pat has established himself as one of B&B's distinguished members by consistently providing useful and informative posts as well as being a regular contributor in the Speakeasy Forum. Pat has become a valued member for the knowledge he willingly provides to new members. Through his creativity, generosity and thoughtfulness, Pat has made B&B a better place for all who choose to participate in this wonderful community.

It is for the foregoing reasons, that the Moderators here at B&B take great pleasure in awarding the B&B Meritorious Shaver Award to our own local bard for once again exemplifying the best of what the wet-shaving community has to offer.

In addition to Castlecraver's framed avatar being placed in the Awards Gallery, the Merit Award badge will be place next to Pat's user-name.

Congratulations to Pat. And now, without further ado, I present to you the third recipient of the Badger & Blade Meritorious Shaver Award: Pat (Castlecraver). Pat, c'mon up here and accept your award. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Castlecraver!

Pat, you are both a gentlemen and a scholar and a great friend to all in the B&B community. Your contributions to the B&B are well appreciated. Congrats on your "Timmy"

Excellent presentation Tim.

Again, Congrats Pat for an award long overdue!

Last edited:
Wow.

Thank you Tim.

Before I let Mr. Boston step down from the stage, let me just take a moment to say what a wonderful friend this guy has been, and how indebted I feel towards him for allowing me the pleasure of working on the projects in the Speakeasy. I had the great pleasure to spend an evening with Tim a few months ago at a bar in Indy, and as many others here have also concluded, he is a true gentleman of the highest order. I'm proud to call him a friend, neighbor, and humbled to accept the award that bears his name.

Gents,

I'm not often short on words, but at this moment I suddenly find myself at a loss for them. I wish I could believe that my contributions here were truly deserving of this high honor, but I must admit I hardly feel worthy of even being mentioned in the same sentence with Ray and Scott. In that respect, this is again incredibly humbling.

If you'd have told me a few years ago that I'd soon make my online "home" a forum about shaving, of all things, I'd have wondered you what you were smoking. But without a doubt, B&B has become the place I feel proud to hang my hat in cyberspace. Indeed, these last few years, and particularly the recent months, has been a tumultuous time for me and in many ways wetshaving, our other various indulgences, and B&B in general have become a bit of a shelter from a storm. I've not come across a more welcoming, diverse, and knowledgeable group of gentlemen anywhere -- online or in real life, and as I've said a few times before, there are many amongst you that I strive to emulate.

I'd hate to forget anyone yet feel enormously indebted to B&B, so in lieu of a long list of individual thanks, I really do owe everyone reading this right now a hardy thank you, for helping make B&B the great community that it is. It is nothing short of an absolute pleasure to know and interact with you gents, and to be able to contribute here. If any of you find yourself in Cleveland over the next year or so, I'll buy 'ya a drink. But for now, I hope you'll join me in raising a glass to Badger and Blade, the first rate gentlemen who keep it running smoothly, and the nearly 14,000 of the rest of us who I hope get as much enjoyment out of this place as I do.

TO B&B...
CHEERS!!!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Bravo! I'd make a trip to the nearest "Aluminum lounge" if I could and toast a bag of sliders to this selection. I like Pat!

Wow.

Thank you Tim.

Before I let Mr. Boston step down from the stage, let me just take a moment to say what a wonderful friend this guy has been, and how indebted I feel towards him for allowing me the pleasure of working on the projects in the Speakeasy. I had the great pleasure to spend an evening with Tim a few months ago at a bar in Indy, and as many others here have also concluded, he is a true gentleman of the highest order. I'm proud to call him a friend, neighbor, and humbled to accept the award that bears his name.

Gents,

I'm not often short on words, but at this moment I suddenly find myself at a loss for them. I wish I could believe that my contributions here were truly deserving of this high honor, but I must admit I hardly feel worthy of even being mentioned in the same sentence with Ray and Scott. In that respect, this is again incredibly humbling.

If you'd have told me a few years ago that I'd soon make my online "home" a forum about shaving, of all things, I'd have wondered you what you were smoking. But without a doubt, B&B has become the place I feel proud to hang my hat in cyberspace. Indeed, these last few years, and particularly the recent months, has been a tumultuous time for me and in many ways wetshaving, our other various indulgences, and B&B in general have become a bit of a shelter from a storm. I've not come across a more welcoming, diverse, and knowledgeable group of gentlemen anywhere -- online or in real life, and as I've said a few times before, there are many amongst you that I strive to emulate.

I'd hate to forget anyone yet feel enormously indebted to B&B, so in lieu of a long list of individual thanks, I really do owe everyone reading this right now a hardy thank you, for helping make B&B the great community that it is. It is nothing short of an absolute pleasure to know and interact with you gents, and to be able to contribute here. If any of you find yourself in Cleveland over the next year or so, I'll buy 'ya a drink. But for now, I hope you'll join me in raising a glass to Badger and Blade, the first rate gentlemen who keep it running smoothly, and the nearly 14,000 of the rest of us who I hope get as much enjoyment out of this place as I do.

TO B&B...
CHEERS!!!

Well said, Pat you are a true gentlemen.

P.S. didn't meant to squeeze my congratulations in BEFORE your acceptance speech.

:thumbup:

But for now, I hope you'll join me in raising a glass to Badger and Blade, the first rate gentlemen who keep it running smoothly, and the nearly 14,000 of the rest of us who I hope get as much enjoyment out of this place as I do.

TO B&B...
CHEERS!!!

Hear hear!

Well said, Pat you are a true gentlemen.

P.S. didn't meant to squeeze my congratulations in BEFORE your acceptance speech.

:thumbup:

Haha +1 Fantastic acceptance speech. Couldn't think of a better person to receive such an award. Congrats! I wish I could send you over one of those Pittsburgh style sandwiches you were craving:tongue_sm

Warm congratulations Pat. Your contributions truly have helped make B&B the wonderful place it is today. I've come to rely on your posts as a source of great knowledge, wordcraft, and whimsy -- usually all at once! Sincerely, thanks.

Top Bottom