What's new

General Tso help

I haven't been able to test it, but it has been suggested that we can't get the same flavor at home because we can't get the wok hot enough on the typical cooktop.

With that in mind, I have a carbon steel wok ready to be seasoned, and the burner from my turkey fryer. As soon as free time coincides with decent weather, I intend to give it a try. If 40k BTU doesn't do it, there's always that 800K model...

I pretty much tried the recipe posted. I had to use what I had on hand. Couple things I noticed.

I used breast meat, it does get dried out if you want cooked cx, but my wife hates dark meat.

Cornstarch-Don't be afraid to use it, it really helps the consistency.

Cx broth-This is one thing I've not used in the past, and I think it makes a huge difference. As soon as I smelled the sauce I could tell it was cx broth I was missing before.

I liked it very much. Now I need to get some proper ingredients and work on proper amounts. Thank you very much for the recipe. I now have something to work with that resembles what I'm looking for.

Has anyone ever tried the sauce at Trader Joe's? I noticed it yesterday while shopping.

Top Bottom