What's new

Gillette Blue Blades

I purchase three razors on the BST that came with Gillette Blue blades. One of them came with an unopened box.

I have no idea how old these blades are.

The unopened box came with a WWII Military Tech. The others came with a British Aluminum Handle Tech and an Aristocrat Junior Travel Kit.

Has anyone tried these blades? If so, how were they?

Are they worth trying or do they degrade over time?

Thank you,

If any of them happen to be "Super Blue Blades", and they've been stored in a dry environment, they might be worth trying. The Super Blue Blade was the first coated blade.

If they are just regular "Blue Blades", I wouldn't advise trying them unless you enjoy pain. :w00t:

Regards,
Tom

they are beyond dull, even if sealed.

ive tried one before. painful dosent even cover it 1/1874

If any of them happen to be "Super Blue Blades", and they've been stored in a dry environment, they might be worth trying. The Super Blue Blade was the first coated blade.

If they are just regular "Blue Blades", I wouldn't advise trying them unless you enjoy pain. :w00t:

Regards,
Tom

Thank you. That's what I was expecting to read.

I used a regular Blue Blade a couple weeks back that had been safely contained in a sealed envelope and box since 1954. It looked nice and shiny and new.

But to shave with it was absolutely WRETCHED! Pulling, dragging, and DULL. It's uncoated carbon steel, which does not hold an edge over time.

They are good for display pieces only. Same goes for the Gillette Thins of the same era. also horrid to shave with.

The others came with a British Aluminum Handle Tech and an Aristocrat Junior Travel Kit.

Does the English Tech come with an aluminium base plate as well as handle?

I have a travel kit in a "Genuine English Leather" case that came with such a tech. Curious combination, but it seems to work OK.

Top Bottom