What's new

Had my first cigar

To celebrate one of my friend's birthday we bought and shared a couple cigars. I had an Arturo Fuente, I quite enjoyed it. Although I think I'm more of a pipe person and will reserve cigars to special occasions. Still, a wide world to explore out there.

The first cigar is always a great experience. My first was a Padron 6000, they are still my go-to cheap cigar. Which particular Fuente did you smoke?

I'm embarrassed to say I'm not quite sure, my friend purchased them. But on the cello Flor Fina 8-5-8 is printed.

Yep, the good ole 8-5-8. The Flor Fina was supposedly a cigar made to honor Carlos Feunte Sr's father.

"My father showed me how to blend the tobaccos into a shape which later became known as the Flor Fina 8-5-8 ®. And when my father passed away at the age of 85, as a way of honoring him and as a means of expressing our eternal love for him, we called it 8-5-8 so that the number would be legible from both directions."

Pretty cool if you ask me. Not a bad smoke either...

It was pretty good. But I have nothing to compare it to. It definitely had more body to it than the pipe tobacco I use, but that is rather mild. A very good first experience I thought.

You want something strong and intense? La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel
Want something complex, medium full with a nice musty undertone (tastes way better than I describe it) Davidoff Millenium
Want a nice, sweet, maduro? Fuente Anejo (kinda rare, only comes out 1x a year)

To celebrate one of my friend's birthday we bought and shared a couple cigars. I had an Arturo Fuente, I quite enjoyed it. Although I think I'm more of a pipe person and will reserve cigars to special occasions. Still, a wide world to explore out there.
Congratulations on your first cigar! You had a good one! My first cigar was also an Arturo Fuente. I smoked it on my honeymoon aboard a cruise ship out of Galveston, TX headed for Cozumel, Mexico. Very good cigar.
You want something strong and intense? La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel

One of my current favorite non-habanos. I wouldn't recommend it for a begginer tho. Too full in my opinion for a beginner.

DL

Last edited:
Congrats on the first cigar, and a good one at that. La Flor Dominicana, Fuente, CAO, etc. are great brands to try out when first getting into stogies.

ahh the 858 its a goodie for the cost. my uncle and i buy a box and split it every year at christmas. we keep em in the humidor till the next christmas. they are amazing after a year.

Arturo Fuente's are awesome puros!!! Hemingway's are my favorite!!!....... Baccarat, La Gloria Cubana, Sancho Panza, Romeo y Julieta, and a great cigar to try is Rocky Patel Vintage 1990.......WOW!!!!! my humi is calling me!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom