What's new

1st open comb shave

I'm holding my recently acquired Gillette New in my hand looking it over, fresh from a soak and scrubbing in dishwashing liquid and water and 10 minute 70% alcohol dip.
The open comb does look intimidating but I am anxious to give it a try.
Tomorrow morning will be my 1st go with it.
I'm going to be using VDH Deluxe and my OMEGA Pro boar brush.
Will post how things went.

Yes, please do. I'm thinking about purchasing a new open comb. But it will have to wait a couple weeks when the finances permit.

Yeah seriously don't leave us hanging.... I for one will live vicariously through other's experiences as it's cheaper that way :biggrin:

Well I jumped out of bed 1st thing and headed straight for the shower.
I then whipped up and floated a bowl of VDH and loaded a fresh Dorco 301 into the NEW.
After a thorough lathering I picked up the NEW..
The little voice in my head was chanting "correct angle,no pressure,short strokes!".
I proceeded to have the closest shave yet ever and this with no irritation and no nicks or blood.
This is 1 fine shaving instrument which may look intimidating but if you use the skills learned from using a safetybar razor will deliver an excellent shave.
I think I'm ruined....

I enjoy using my NEW as well. I don't use it as a regular shaver, but from time to time, I really like it.

I'm jealous! I must have one!!!! Maybe I can sell my '58 Super Speed for a NEW?!?!?! :tongue_sm

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

~Paul

Top Bottom