What's new

Funny incident, think I'm spoiled...

So I'm new to wetshaving and have been at it for 2 weeks now. So far in my arsenal I have the following:

38c
E&J Super hair brush - small size
Tabac Soap
ToBs Lavender Cream
DR Harris - Arlington and Marlborough.
E&J Sea Buck Thorn Soap

So for the first week I was shaving with the Tabac and ToBs lavender cream switching back and forth. I love the TOBS and it makes lather fast and easy, has a more cusion feel to it compared to Tabac which has a more slick feel. Seems to sound normal compared to what others have said about soaps vs creams.

2nd week into wetshaving and my D.R. Harris soaps and the EJ soap comes. I try out the Harris Arlington the very next day. And since I've grown accustomed to the nice strong lavender and the super slick Tabac, the Arlington seemed to be a big disappointment to me. The scent is nice but nothing special. Reminds me of Irish Spring or something along those lines. The lather couldn't compare to Tabac.

I think having the Tabac, probably THE best soap. Really spoiled me for other soaps. Well the funny part was I grabbed the nearest tub I can reach and reloaded my brush. Funny how I grabbed the TOBS cream and notice the lather was super nice. Then I thought oh yeah... SUPER LATHER!! HAHAHA. I thought it was funny...:blush:

So I'm new to wetshaving and have been at it for 2 weeks now. So far in my arsenal I have the following:

38c
E&J Super hair brush - small size
Tabac Soap
ToBs Lavender Cream
DR Harris - Arlington and Marlborough.
E&J Sea Buck Thorn Soap

So for the first week I was shaving with the Tabac and ToBs lavender cream switching back and forth. I love the TOBS and it makes lather fast and easy, has a more cusion feel to it compared to Tabac which has a more slick feel. Seems to sound normal compared to what others have said about soaps vs creams.

2nd week into wetshaving and my D.R. Harris soaps and the EJ soap comes. I try out the Harris Arlington the very next day. And since I've grown accustomed to the nice strong lavender and the super slick Tabac, the Arlington seemed to be a big disappointment to me. The scent is nice but nothing special. Reminds me of Irish Spring or something along those lines. The lather couldn't compare to Tabac.

I think having the Tabac, probably THE best soap. Really spoiled me for other soaps. Well the funny part was I grabbed the nearest tub I can reach and reloaded my brush. Funny how I grabbed the TOBS cream and notice the lather was super nice. Then I thought oh yeah... SUPER LATHER!! HAHAHA. I thought it was funny...:blush:

nice selection...hows that E&J sea buck thorn soap....sounds nice...... SUPER LATHER IS GREAT ISNT IT....thats all I ever do is try new super lather combo's....but definitely tabac and TGQ creams is a hell of a combo......if you haven't tried it yet...do so now.

Not to sound pretentious, but you are only two weeks in. Your lathering technique (which is not harped on very much around here) will improve. You should be able to get the same or similar lather from either soap or cream. There are a lot of variables that come in to play in this, but bottom line, lathering technique has everything to do with your lather. I know it sounds crazy, but it is true. I hope the best for you , and I am thrilled that you are enjoying your shaves.

Not to sound pretentious, but you are only two weeks in. Your lathering technique (which is not harped on very much around here) will improve. You should be able to get the same or similar lather from either soap or cream. There are a lot of variables that come in to play in this, but bottom line, lathering technique has everything to do with your lather. I know it sounds crazy, but it is true. I hope the best for you , and I am thrilled that you are enjoying your shaves.

I know what you're saying. But I really think Tabac ruined me for almost all future soaps....

If you think Tabac is nice, you need to try Provence Sante'. I think it lathers as well, and it is a little more moisturizung.

Top Bottom