What's new

Brush Care

This may be hard to explain but I will take a wack at it.

This is my brush routine after I am done shaving once I have washed all the cream/soap out.
1) Shake gently about 5 times
2) squeeze about 5 times gently until no water comes out.
3) Strop gently 5 times on a clean towel in different directions to help dry.

At this point the tips are still damp.

Finally here is my questions. I noticed with my D01 Shavemac today that after I strop I can squeeze the hair together giving my brush a small bloom (hair is separated and not clumped) or I can just rub my hand on the top gently and give it a bigger bloom. Obviously the bigger bloom spreads the hair out more.

Should I keep them closer to dry or spread them out? What is better for my brush. I am afraid that if I spread them out I will decrease the denseness of my brush permanately.

Also stropping on a towel shouldn't hurt my brush tips right?

Last edited:
It really doesnt matter if they dry spread out or closed in. Though if theyre open they should dry (slightly) faster.

Rubbing on a towel is fine - its no different to loading up on a soap or your face - and it dries the brush faster which can only be good for the brush.

It really doesnt matter if they dry spread out or closed in. Though if theyre open they should dry (slightly) faster.

Rubbing on a towel is fine - its no different to loading up on a soap or your face - and it dries the brush faster which can only be good for the brush.

I wonder if the brush once dried will go back to its regular bloomed shape. Say if I spread it out to dry quicker will it stay spread out when dried. If I squeezed it in when damp so it has a smaller bloom will it spread out once its dry.

Also I was thinking that stropping on a cotton towel is coarser than my stubble but my stubble is rougher so the cotton towel should be fine.

Top Bottom