What's new

Post your shave dens!

The guest bathroom is all mine.....love having my very own. A little small but that's fine with me.

$SANY0203.jpg

$SANY02013.jpg

Just got done mounting the straight razors I inherited from my mother and started cobbling together my den.

Once the safety razors I inherited come back from being serviced and replated, they will go into a matching shadow box on the other side of the mirror. I'm trying to figure out how to mount them but have them be removable. Right now I'm picturing fishing line in a loop. It'd be nearly invisible. I'm open to suggestions.

proxy.php

My small collection grew by 2 more Ranger Tech razors with cases. The deal was too good to pass.
View attachment 633333
What a collection! I really don't have the space for displaying cases for the razors so I'm going to store those away.

I don't know if seeing that many razors makes me want to get out and beat the bushes for more or if that's the first step in acknowledging I too have a problem... [emoji12]

A new addition to my shave den. I was looking for a way to display my razors

(a) without taking up too much space,
(b) keep them accessible but somewhat protected, and
(c) keep them a part of my shave den. Here are the results.

I bought a shadow box at hobby lobby and then used grip clips and some screws with spacers to create the mounts. It didn't turn out too bad, imho. Sadly, I've got bad RAD so I'm not sure how long this will hold up.

A couple spaces are still empty because I've got two razors out for replating. Honestly, many of these stay on my near daily rotation; I put them in the display to fill up the space.

The original cases I have are going to get packed up for safe keeping. Maybe a couple will go onto a shelf I'm going to mount underneath. That'll free up a bit of space if needed.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I was running out of room on my dresser, so I whipped this up today. It's not a fancy one, but it's functional!
View attachment 650437
TriggerMan:
Is your shelf made of wood
proxy.php

proxy.php
[FONT=&quot]“Woodworking requires a completely different kind of thinking and problem-solving ability than writing…you start with an end product in mind, and reason your way backward to the raw wood". Joshua Foer[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

TriggerMan:
Is your shelf made of wood
proxy.php

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]“Woodworking requires a completely different kind of thinking and problem-solving ability than writing…you start with an end product in mind, and reason your way backward to the raw wood". Joshua Foer[/FONT]
Yep. It is 114 year old barn wood. The barn was built in 1902 and was made with oak trees from the property we now own.
The barn fell down last summer during a strong storm with 80 mph straight line winds.

Top Bottom