Dovo Bergischer Löwe :biggrin:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Sold my Bergischer Lowe a few months ago. It was a very nice razor- just make sure you tape the spine when you hone it.

Thank you gentlemen. :)

Ouch, which razors do you keep in your rotation? There are dozens of straight I’d like (and plan) to buy.

Wow, that is a stunning razor! Please keep us posted on how it shaves, also I would love to know what you think of that Feather Pre-shave.
Cheers, DJ.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Lyrt said:
Thank you gentlemen. :)

Ouch, which razors do you keep in your rotation? There are dozens of straight I’d like (and plan) to buy.

When I started buying straights, I bought everything brand new. Now I only buy old ones- seems to be much more fun. The only new one I have left is a 5/8 TI Olivewood. I've lost track of the older ones, but I enjoy Shumates, W&B's, Genevas, Koellers, and Henckels (great razors, lousy knives). There are just so many to consider.

After reading all the posts about straights and asking a few questions, I have decided to seriously give it a go. So, jumping in with both feet, I've just purchased the following four razors on e-bay. None of them are outstanding, but just what appear to be decent shavers. The first three come pre-honed by a vendor who people here and SRP speak will of. The last one looks to be almost new.

View attachment 2577

View attachment 2578

View attachment 2579

View attachment 2580

The total for all four razors was about $100 - which I think is pretty good given that three are shave-ready (assuming that this is actually the case - if they're not, well there goes the value proposition!).

I'm in the process of ordering a strop (hanging for sure and possibly a pasted paddle strop as well).

AOS Lemon shave cream
AOS Lavender shave cream

Both of these were purchased @ Nordstrom's. What was funny, is that after the initial come on by the staff(male), he left me alone. After I was ready to make my purchases we got into a discussion and he then realized I knew what I was talking about. He(Pedro) then asked if I would be interested in conducting a "shave clinic" there at the store. Needless to say, I was shocked, but after I thought about it, it makes sense. I conduct the shave clinic, they sell more products,Pedro gets nice bonus, and we end up with more wet shavers. as I told him, I will have to think about it- not sure if I have the time right now.

BTW, that is a beautiful razor- if I had to get my throat cut, that would be the one to do it!

Marty

ouch said:
Who'd you get them from, Altima?

Yup - I actually wanted the wedge he had on sale, but got sniped - know anything about his honing ability?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my purchases - assuming they're well honed.

He has some very nice razors up for grabs this week (I shouldn't tell everyone this..., but there's a Dovo and Puma - both of which look very nice and will likely sell for a bunch of $$).

I just got a Dubl Duck Goldenedge. I'll be honing it up and shaving with it tonight. I'll provide some pictures. She is a beauty of a razor and hopefully a great shaver.

Wow Lyrt. I've been staring at that straight at Classic Shaving for a while. That razor has by itself made me want to get a straight razor (seeing as how I am completely inexperienced with straights and that is probably too expensive for my first). It looks even better in your pics. I will definitely have to get me a straight soon. At least I know what I'll be asking for come Christmas time.

Back on topic I got two DE's in the mail today. A Slim Adjustable and a 30's NEW model.

EDIT: 100 posts!

I had some good luck at the local shops today.
First stop was a local junk shop, where I scored the razors, a puck of unused Palmolive, and some cool holders for $26.00 total.
Second stop was the Indian market, Mysore Sandalwood soap, and Nag Champa soap.
Third stop was a European market where I scored the Pitralon Classic, this is marked as a pre/electric shave, but the shop keeper swore by it as a after shave.
Cheers, DJ.

Top Bottom