What's new

How does your brush travel?

I use a sandwich-sized Tupperware container for my brush, razor (wrapped in a washcloth), and some shaving cream and/or aftershave/asb samples thrown in. Seals up tight and protects everything nicely.

in the cardboard roll left behind whenever I run out of toiletpaper. Free, plentiful, perfect fit, did I mention free??

Yeah I usually just roll it up in a cardboard tube and I'm good to go. Good idea about the toilet paper roll by the way...I'll have to try that. :biggrin:

Mine travels in a piece of 1 1/2" PVC with two caps drilled for drainage:

proxy.php

proxy.php

1 1/2" fits the brush very nicely. The caps friction fit pretty tightly and don't slip off. The one hole is drilled bigger to hold my Fatboy. With a hook fashioned from a wire hanger for the brush, we have a travel setup that looks like this:

proxy.php

proxy.php

You heathens!

I always get my brush a first class ticket. The little guy is a pretty bad traveler, but after a few gin and tonics you can't shut him up :tongue:

Ha! I hear ya. Brushes, right? I mean, what can you do? :001_rolle

proxy.php

proxy.php

1 1/2" fits the brush very nicely. The caps friction fit pretty tightly and don't slip off. The one hole is drilled bigger to hold my Fatboy. With a hook fashioned from a wire hanger for the brush, we have a travel setup that looks like this:

proxy.php

proxy.php

You may want to consider deleting that post, patenting your idea, refining the design, and making some cash off that idea.

Nice setup.

-Andy

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow. Could you make me one? I would pay for your materials and time.

I don't travel much, but when I do the brush goes straight into the shaving kit. It's been doing that for a couple of decades.

Ed

OldSaw

The wife's investment
You heathens!

I always get my brush a first class ticket. The little guy is a pretty bad traveler, but after a few gin and tonics you can't shut him up :tongue:

Me too, except I let my garden gnome carry it. He hates traveling in a suitcase. The brush gives him something important to look after and have conversation with. Otherwise he drives the flight attendants up the wall.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The cylinder is great! I usually put my brush in a zip-lock bag. I try to leave it out as long as I can so it can dry. I will keep an eye on the cylinder even if I do not travel a lot, always be ready!!

Member drandall did a group buy on these last year and they are excellent. I drilled holes in the top so the brush could get some air. Prior to this, I used a pill bottle from my local pharmacy. Just take in your brush and they will find a bottle that fits.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

These work out fantastic! I received a pair of them while in Iraq as a PIF and my brushes traveled home in style. Plus I discovered you could easily punch holes in the top with a standard paper hole punch to allow for evaporation.

You heathens!

Wonderful.

I too picked up a few tubes from Dave. They're perfect. I had been looking around rather carefully. Even the largest prescription pill bottle was not tall enough for my needs. Large plastic spice bottles might work, though I would opt for dried thyme (pre de provence anyone?) over garlic. The thought suggested above of a frozen juice concentrate container is quite brilliant. I'm sure some companies have replaced the easily degradable cardboard version for good old plastic. I will check out the freezer section and report back. Will the top click back on though?, or once the plastic strip has been peeled away, it can no longer be secured. That's why they have rubber bands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom