What's new

Synthetic brushes.......

are they any good? I saw one today at The Body Shop. It looked like a real brush and felt pretty nice, too. It was priced at only $11.

Has anybody tried one of these, or a similar brush?

You will find a lot of people here who put down synthetic brushes based simply on the fact that they are synthetic...

I can tell you that I have the Body Shop Brush and I like it. I think it's a bargain for what it offers. I also have a badger brush now and alternate between the two, so at least I have something to compare to. I think the Body Shop brush does a great job as a budget brush and it looks really nice, too.

If animal hair isn't a concern for you, then you can also get a nice Omega Boar Brush for $12 shipped on Ebay. Either way you can get a nice brush for less than $15.

Synthetics are a valid alternative and most of them work quite well. They are different as boar is to badger and you must understand that they may work a little differently.

I have two and would say they have been a worthwhile small investment as they are quite affordable.

I have to say, the mun-u PREMIER synthetic brush, the more expensive of the 2, is great. I use much less lather than my vulfix medium best badger brush, and its so soft. I think its hard to beat.

The body shop brush is great value for money.

There are better and more expensive synthetics out there, the best of which is the Edwin Jagger. They perform just as well as the Men-U brush but with a much better handle.

The Edwin Jagger brushes are absolutely outstanding. They perform just as well as my EJ silvertip, and seem to be just as soft. The only downfall is once you buy one, you will want another. Just ask Siv. :biggrin:

Top Bottom