What's new

Super-Max Blades

Has anyone tried Super Max blades? I saw some in a 'Everything for a pound' shop at the weekend and bought some on impulse - I totally expected them to be rubbish - but they are excellent, I really like them.

Has anyone tried them?

They don't get a whole lot of respect but I agree with you. They are better than average blades. Which kind do you have? I have tried the regular stainless, the platinum, and the chromium.

The Platinums I really rate. I stumbled on them in a sampler pack and promptly ordered 100 after they delivered such a smooth shave. They're one of the best price-to-performance blades out there, IMO.

I'm afraid they are Stainess and not platinum - but for 50p a pack (if you buy more than 1) they are great value. The shop was 'Poundland' I think.

Which variant were these? Which pound shop? If they're the Platinums, I'll be round to hoover them out.

I'm afraid they are Stainess and not platinum - but for 50p a pack (if you buy more than 1) they are great value. The shop was 'Poundland' I think.

I pay that for the Platinums in 100s (20 packs/100 blades for just under a tenner from Suffolk Supplies). Great blades. I just posted a review. Surprised these ones don't get discussed more.

Never shaved with them myself, but they appear not to be just another cheap blade brand. For one thing, they apparently roll their own steel...the only blade manufacturer that does this, according to them.

Guess I'll want to try a few of those out, too, even though I already have two "go-to" choices here (Dorco and IP, in that order).

- Barrett

Well, I've shaved with some SuperMax Super Stainless (not the regular stainless) and I must say I'm impressed. They shave as good, if not better, than the Super+ Platinums (a.ka. IP) blades. I believe them to be slightly sharper and just as smooth. Not bad for a blade that works out to a little more than $0.06 each when purchased in sufficient quantities.

I have to say that the more I use SuperMax SS the more impressed I become with them. I am getting a consistent, irritation free, 3 pass, BBS shave with them every time. I can buy 200 of these on eBay for £7.50 delivered, which works out to be less than £0.04 a blade. So when I have used up my stash of other brands of blades I think that SuperMax SS will become my "go to" blade.

Platinums- not impressed,
Super Stainless- you can find them if you look for about $5 for 100, they are better than the Platinum blades
Super Platinum- I like them as much as the Red Pack (Israeli) Personna blades, very very smooth, no irritation, etc that I get with "other" blades.
If anyone fonds a deal on the SUPER Platinum, please let me know. The box or blade that just states Platinum is NOT the same as the SUPER Platinum.

Has anyone tried Super Max blades? I saw some in a 'Everything for a pound' shop at the weekend and bought some on impulse - I totally expected them to be rubbish - but they are excellent, I really like them.

Has anyone tried them?

I have the Platinums in regular rotation. A very good blade.

Oh, and I like them MUCH better than Derbys.

Platinums- not impressed,
Super Stainless- you can find them if you look for about $5 for 100, they are better than the Platinum blades
Super Platinum- I like them as much as the Red Pack (Israeli) Personna blades, very very smooth, no irritation, etc that I get with "other" blades.
If anyone fonds a deal on the SUPER Platinum, please let me know. The box or blade that just states Platinum is NOT the same as the SUPER Platinum.

Razorbladesandmore.com has the Supermax Super Platinum.

http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/catalog/double-edge-blades/supermax

Top Bottom