What's new

Most Popular DE?

I'd like to put up a poll on which is/are the most popular safety razors, that is, which are the go-to, most-often-used razors. Which razors do you think should be included in this poll?

any vintage Gillette, old style, new improved, Large handled Tech, Super speed, Fatboy, Slim, super adjustable

Muhle
Merkur
Edwin Jagger

Multi-Blades

Other?

Currently Own:

'62 Superspeed
'60 Fatboy
'56 Red Tip
1920s Open Comb Tuckaway--on the way
Merkur 23C
Rolls Razor--picked up yesterday in excellent condition with a great condition strop and hone for $9 at the Salvation Army store in River North

Although I'm getting great shaves with the 23C, my go to is the Superspeed. That may change. As I get a couple more months of DE racked up and my technique improves, I'll certainly want to give the redtip, fatboy and tuckaway some use.

Think of it this way: If you could only have one safety razor, to use every day, which one would it be?

The HD is very popular for newbies. The Gillette techs, SS, Aristocrat, Slim, Fatboy, Red/Blue tips, and other Gillette's I can't think of are very popular.

I've not done a poll but I can figure it out. To me, the real questions is how to design the poll. If it's too small it's meaningless, if it's too inclusive it's unmanageable and possibly also meaningless.

How do we narrow the large variety? I think it'd be better if one of the experts designed the poll.

So, we have to sort of do a poll, so you can create a poll?

Given the limitations of the number of answers a poll can have, it might be best to start off with a series of elimination polls so that at least most DE models can be included. Then take the winners from each and put them in a final poll to pick the top winner.

Now - Is the purpose to pick the most desirable one, or the one that the most own?

Given the limitations of the number of answers a poll can have, it might be best to start off with a series of elimination polls so that at least most DE models can be included. Then take the winners from each and put them in a final poll to pick the top winner.

Now - Is the purpose to pick the most desirable one, or the one that the most own?

I think the purpose is to pick the one that most people would choose to shave with on a daily basis.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Let's not forget the
Gillette NEW
Gillette OLD
Merkur Open Comb

I am wondering if this shouldn't be done has 2 polls. One for the manifacturer (e.g. Merkur, Gillette, Muhle, etc.) and one for the style (Slant, Open Comb, etc). If those two cannot be grouped, then, it might be meaningless... Mmm, the best of the best in 12 choices... What do you have so far?

Top Bottom