What's new

Question for Night Shavers

I believe that having a nice hot shower, shave and your favorite beverage would be a great relaxing way to end the day before going to bed. The only problem that I have is that I would have 5 o'clock shadow in the morning and have to shave again. How do you guys remedy this or do you shave again in morning before going to work?

I'm blessed with blond hair and slow beard growth. I don't have really noticeable stubble until about 24-36 hours later. I shave every 3 days.

I'm blessed with blond hair and slow beard growth. I don't have really noticeable stubble until about 24-36 hours later. I shave every 3 days.

I also have slow growth but for me stubble starts making an appearance 24-48 hrs later. sometimes I shave everyday, sometimes every other day

I shave every evening and get a DFS nearly every time. Even when I had my Mach3 I still shaved in the evening and didn't get nearly as close of a shave as I do with my DE. I'd say just give it a try for a couple days and see if you can live with the beard growth at 5pm the next day. Other than that, just work on your technique to get a closer shave. Good luck.

Im a night shaver. The problem is too much of my favorite beverage...on weekends that is. I have been fearful of the damage that I could do to myself!

Other than that, I enjoy it. Its a great way to end the day and feel great before bed...both mentally and physically. The bonus is that my wife LOVES a smooth shave...I think that is why I started the habit in the first place:blush:

I also have slow growth but for me stubble starts making an appearance 24-48 hrs later. sometimes I shave everyday, sometimes every other day

+1 I usually shave at night and I'm fine the next day due to the moderate speed of my beards growth. To each his own really, like everything else.

I always shave at night. The warmth & smells settle me right down and I have a great sleep. Tough to beat a pillow that soon smells like your favourite soap!!

Day one I have no shadow. Day two I have stubble but I leave it unless I have a client meeting that day. I end up shaving every other night.

Im a night time shaver usually, and I find becuase i've had a nice relaxing soak, I get a better shaver instead of being rushed in the moring and do get a bit of a shadow, but I would rather enjoy myself than worry about a 5 o'clock shadow, also your skin gets time to recover overnight, when you wake your skin isnt in the best condition, blood circulation etc is poorer first thing in the morning, thats why you body releases cortisol (steroid) in the morning to help wake you up!

Tried night shaving for a few weeks and liked it. It is relaxing to shower and shave before bed. Helps put me to sleep.

However, got my 5 o'clock shadow by midday.:frown: Just felt unkempt. Switch back to morning shave. Helps me wake up just like a cup of tea or coffee.

To each his own.

David

I guess this is one situation where it helps to be young enough to not be able to grow much of a bear. I can make it through the next day easily. I dread the day where I get too old to shave at night...

I too have a blonde (reddish) beard and a slow growth with stubble (visible) appearing 24-30 hours later. Now with the grey showing up I have a grizzled appearance. But I shave only once a day. Showering at night is most practical for me as I have to start work at 4 am. Actually more like shower and shave in the late afternoon. Then bed.

I believe that having a nice hot shower, shave and your favorite beverage would be a great relaxing way to end the day before going to bed. The only problem that I have is that I would have 5 o'clock shadow in the morning and have to shave again. How do you guys remedy this or do you shave again in morning before going to work?

I'm not able to shave at night and be presentable in the morning. One thing that I do however is to shave the back of my neck at night since a little stubble won't be noticed there. I do it perhaps 3 times per week, and have gotten good at looking in the (second) mirror and shaving up to my hairline. If you want to work on your technique, try it!

B

ButtGump

You say your shaves are 20 min long, so right now the only choices you leave yourself are wake up with 5 o'clock shadow or wake up 20 min earlier. What I would actually recommend you do, though, is shave at night for now and when your technique is good to go switch to a 10 min morning shave.

Once you get the technique down, you'd be amazed at how that shorter morning shave can still be as relaxing as an evening shave.

I almost shave in the evening, I work outdoors so I don't mind the stubble I guess it's an advantage and I like the extra time my face gets to heal.

Top Bottom