What's new

Question for Night Shavers

I'm a night shaver.I cannot feel my beard the next morning. My suggestion is to get different equipment or maybe a change in technique. I don't know anything about growth I just go by how it feels.

I usually have pretty decent stubble 7-8 hours after I shave, but that's with a Fusion razor. I'll use the DE tonight and see how it works tomorrow.

I'm also a night shaver and need to be clean shaven for work, so for me it was all about finding the right combination of tools.My beard grows moderately fast but as hard and thick as a metal grill brush and I never would've dreamed in a million years I could've achieved this with my M3 but for the last 5 years it been smooth sailing with a DE.(sorry no pun intended:biggrin:)I use a Merkur 38c with either a red Personna or a Derby and Proraso/C.O. Bigelow cream.Three passes and I'm good to go!Good luck and hope this was some help.

Andy O.

I shave at night as it is just about the only time during the week that I have to myself. Once the baby is asleep, I start on my grooming ritual. I can bet a BBS shave, but as you and others have pointed out, there will be a small shadow in the morning depending on each person's rate of growth. I can see the hairs coming back, but I still have the BBS smoothness that I love for about 24-30 hours post shave. I shave every other day.

It all depends on the look you want. I want classic, clean and professional. Some people like the constant shadow look. I can't do it because I will start getting ingrown hairs. Anyway, good luck.

I have a light coloured but very thick beard and an evening shave with an s/e razor or a Muhle R89 sees to it that I wake up smooth and don't have noticable stubble until well into the following afternoon.:smile:

The past 2 evenings I began showering and shaving before going to bed. I must say that I was suprised how little stubble I had the next morning. This was the 3rd time that I had used my Merkur 38C with Crystal blades and while I do a good job on the sides of my face, I cannot seem to find the angle or technique to find the sweet spot on my lower neck and adams apple and it feels completely raw whenever I go to bed. I still feels raw the next morning. I know it will take a couple of weeks for my face and skin to adjust to the new routine and razor.

Now that I'm honing my skills (pun intended) on a straight, night shaving is needed, due to the extra time and care I have to take, as well as giving my face time to recover should things go wrong:thumbdown

Face is still smooth in the morning, until late afternoon and my skin feels fantastic with the new regime:thumbup1::thumbup1:

I am a big fan of the night shave as the wife really likes it and that is ultimately what matters :thumbup1:

The closer you get your shave at night the longer it lasts, or at least that has been my experience.

My job doesn't care if I have stubble, and frankly, neither do I ;) I just don't like anymore than a couple days' worth. Then it gets itchy...ugh.

I prefer to shave in the morning, and at just once or twice a week, I try to stretch it to a weekend day whenever possible. I really enjoy a nice, bright sunlit room while I shave, so the Sat or Sun morning shave is the one I truly look forward to.

If I shave in the evening, before bed, I pay for it the next evening - the stubble growth after 24hrs is just enough to cause genuine prickly discomfort and irritation around my throat and chin while I sleep.

Shaving in the morning seems to work out better in that regard, since switching to a DE razor. With my previous cartridge razor and its less effective shave, shaving in the morning would leave me prone to irritation that same night.

Top Bottom