What's new

Moustache Wax

OK, fess up fellas, who's rockin' a cool handlebar with waxed ends. I currently use Pinaud Clubman moustache wax as it is locally available and seems to work pretty well. I've been looking at this Oregon Wild Hair stuff. Anyone try this? Is it any good?

http://www.oregonwildhair.com/wax.php

I use Pinauds as well. Back in my 20's I had a handlebar that would reach my ears. It was a hit when I used to go to night clubs in the Ft. Worth Stockyards. Hmm... I need to find some pics, scan, and post them.

DL

Okay, found a pic. This is half a tube worth of Clubman mustache wax. My 25th birthday, Fort Worth Stockyards. Wow, 10 years goes fast.

I'm just starting on my moustache and use Clubman neutral moustache wax. My moustache ain't that great yet but the top whiskers have a way of curling into my nose so I use the wax at this time mostly to train the whiskers to grow right and to keep whiskers off my upper lip.
I bought a grooming tool from ebarbershop since I don't like the wimpy brush that comes with the Clubman wax.
Ernest

Here's how well Clubman Moustache Wax keeps my Van Dyke in place:

proxy.php

That really does kind of resemble me, minus the horns. My girlfriend swears that they are in all actuality there, only I can't see them or feel them.

But without the Clubman, I'd just be another tool like this fella:

proxy.php

I'm torn between ordering the Firehouse vs. OregonWild...

Can anyone with experience tell me why I might want one over the other?

Anyone tried Gravy Jays?

Last edited:
I am friends with the family that owns and operates Oregon Wild Hair. I'll see if I can get some samples from them to distribute to B&B. I can't speak for the product as I don't have a moustache, but they are wonderful people.

I have used the Oregon Wild Hair and it is by far the best holding wax I've used. As a comparison the only products I've used are Col Conk (no hold), clubman (good hold) and OWH (excellent hold). At first I was a little nervous of the scent of OWH but once on my moustache I was instantly in love with the scent. Give their gift pack a try. It also has a chapstick type travel tube and a moustache brush. I've become a brusher rather than a comber ever sense.

It definitely smells of musk, but not too strong. I smell the musk right after I apply the wax and shortly afterward I loose the scent. When I think of the scent I can pick it right up again (does that make sense? kinda selective smelling.) The wax in the tin seems to give better hold than the travel tube too. The wax is more solid in the tin than the tube and the stuff from the tin takes a little working between my fingers to warm up before applying.

I have four sample packs of Oregon Wild Hair moustache wax for interested B&B members. Posting a review of the product would be appreciated. Each sample includes a travel stick and a 1 oz tin.

As I mentioned above, I am a friend of the family that owns and operates Oregon Wild Hair, but do not have a moustache so I cannot answer any questions about the product.

Last edited:
To be completely honest, I had no idea there were specific mustache waxes.
so what makes a wax better than another/ what is the different between mustache wax and say, wax?

G

gildline

I have four sample packs of Oregon Wild Hair moustache wax for interested B&B members. Posting a review of the product would be appreciated. Each sample includes a travel stick and a 1 oz tin.

As I mentioned above, I am a friend of the family that owns and operates Oregon Wild Hair, but do not have a moustache so I cannot answer any questions about the product.

Tamura,
you say you have 4 samples of the OWH wax. I have just recently grown my mustache out and it will be requiring wax. I have not been able to find any around SLC yet, hence looking online. I would be interested in the sample. I'm not sure this is a secure page or if it gets posted for the general public to see. But I would love to give you my address and try some of the OWH wax.

-Gildline

Top Bottom