What's new

Beer

Ok, so I've heard that Budweiser was bought out by a Belgian company. Then I see all these signs around town for a Budweiser American Ale.

Has anyone tried this? It sure looks tasty up there on the sign beside the road.

Do yourself a favor and set aside your prejudices about it being a Budwiser product.....give the American Ale a try. My wife and I were VERY pleasantly suprised! It's good!

Its alright. I don't know anything specifically about it, but I've had a few pints. I'd probably not make a point to order it anywhere with any sort of an extensive beer selection, but I'll say I wasn't disappointed. I'd definitely drink it again, if the selections were limited.

Yea, my tastes for "good" beer is something like Red Hook, or Samual Smith's Pale Ale. A little Fat Tire is good too. I haven't drank too much beer since I left Oregon about three years ago.

Ok, so I've heard that Budweiser was bought out by a Belgian company. Then I see all these signs around town for a Budweiser American Ale.

Has anyone tried this? It sure looks tasty up there on the sign beside the road.

Yes, they are now Anheuser-Busch InBev and they own:
Beck's
Stella Artois
Hoegaarden
Staropramen
Leffe

Not a fan, myself. I had fairly high hopes that Budweiser had finally got around to making a beer I could stomach, but 'tweren't the case. :001_rolle

It's one of the worst beers I've ever had. I didn't think they could do worse than Bud Light, but they've lowered the bar even further.

it is not bad for an A-B product .a bit hoppy not as hopped as an india pale ale.not much depth of flavor.better than some stuff out there.

You could do much, much worse, but I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it good. It's not bad, but I didn't find anything remarkable (and thus, "good") about it.

Too hoppy for my taste. I had one and it'll be the last. Nobody liked it at the party I was at. Nobody would try a second one. I'm sure some people love it, it's just not for me.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I know a good place for beers.

http://www.ratebeer.com

On that website, I think it happened once that I had to add the beer myself but otherwise, it's usually listed. Beerwise, that website is gold! A must visit for any beer fan, I think I rated a low 300 beers there, I can do better!

Simply put, I will never drink another AB product for the rest of my life. Living in Alabama with very antiquated alcohol laws, the main AB supplier lobbies to keep those laws from changing. They don't want to see any real beer that they have to compete against. There are many, many great American beers, but some may be hard or impossible to find in certain areas, like Alabama. A few of note: Arrogant Bastard, Dogfish Head, and Sweetwater. When it comes to international beers, the sky is the limit. Belgian Monks make some of the tastiest brews available. My preferences are in the Chimay lineup, but there are many others. If you just gotta' drink something from a so called "big brewery", then Sam Adams gets my vote.:thumbup1:

Ok folks, time to hijack this thread :biggrin:, if you want a really good American made beer, buy something from one of the American micro breweries like Anchor from San Francisco. Forget about large 'breweries' like InBev-Anheuser etc, they are just about making profit while it is all about love. The love for creating a product that is really tasty and one can truely enjoy. A really great beer is much like a great wine but sadly, many people do not seem to understand that. There ain't nothing like opening a bottle of real Czech Pilsener and the strong smell of high quality hops. Just like there is nothing like the distinct taste of a 5 month old Orval.

Top Bottom