What's new

Beer

I have never considered using 'Budweiser' and 'good beer' in the same sentence before. (Unless we are talking about Czech Budweiser, of course.) I have to admit that I have not actually tried the new American Ale, but based on past experience with large corporate brewers (Molson and Labatt's included) I am not likely to.

Let the flaming begin!!:eek:

well the best thing to be said about this latest a-b offering is that is MUCH,MUCH better than their last attempt at specialty brews.those being Elk Mountain and Red Wolf whick i think were the whizz and musk of the respective animals bottled.

Ok, so I've heard that Budweiser was bought out by a Belgian company. Then I see all these signs around town for a Budweiser American Ale.

Has anyone tried this? It sure looks tasty up there on the sign beside the road.

It's better than any of their other offerings, but here in DC, it's priced as a craft beer. I think inBev needs to work on that. Amer Ale or Hoegarden for 8 bucks, which one would I choose:rolleyes:

Ok folks, time to hijack this thread :biggrin:, if you want a really good American made beer, buy something from one of the American micro breweries like Anchor from San Francisco. Forget about large 'breweries' like InBev-Anheuser etc, they are just about making profit while it is all about love. The love for creating a product that is really tasty and one can truely enjoy. A really great beer is much like a great wine but sadly, many people do not seem to understand that. There ain't nothing like opening a bottle of real Czech Pilsener and the strong smell of high quality hops. Just like there is nothing like the distinct taste of a 5 month old Orval.

I went to San Fran and fell in love with the fact that almost every bar in town has Anchor Steam on tap. I wouldn't call them a "micro" though. I think that's reserved for smaller breweries that distribute in very small, almost rare batches. I can't think of any right now, maybe Dominion when it was still around? I didn't check where you were from, but I'd be willing to guess that you can get an Anchor just as easily as you can get a Brooklyn, or a Dogfish, or a Rouge. At my local Giant, they're all right next to the Corona.

Edit: from your side of the world, I guess American craft beers like Anchor are a little bit harder to get

Hmm... Don't normally drink much from A-B (unless someone else buys it :w00t:), but I'd try the American Ale I guess, I usually drink Samuel Adams, I'll have to see if they have the Am. Ale locally.
Tony

I have tried American Ale. It is not bad. The most surprising fact is that it actually tastes like an ale :eek: With that being said, there is nothing really special about it. What makes it even less remarkable is the price. It's 6.99 for a six pack here. For a dollar more per six pack, I can have any Sam Adams offering. Which, is obviously better tasting and much more remarkable :wink: Now, if A-B priced this in the same vein as the rest of their beers, I would drink this A LOT more. However, since I do not forsee that happening anytime soon, I will stick with my Yeungling that I can get for 14.99 per 24 pack :lol:

Ok, so Sunday night I'm going to head out and buy a six pack of AB American Ale. BUT, I'm also going to buy a six of something else. Just in case it sucks.

Question to those who have been lurking and posting on this thread: Which other beer should I get?

Well, I don't think you go wrong with anything from Sam Adams, or New Castle Brown Ale, the wife will even drink that one with me! :w00t:
Tony

I went to San Fran and fell in love with the fact that almost every bar in town has Anchor Steam on tap. I wouldn't call them a "micro" though. I think that's reserved for smaller breweries that distribute in very small, almost rare batches. I can't think of any right now, maybe Dominion when it was still around? I didn't check where you were from, but I'd be willing to guess that you can get an Anchor just as easily as you can get a Brooklyn, or a Dogfish, or a Rouge. At my local Giant, they're all right next to the Corona.

Edit: from your side of the world, I guess American craft beers like Anchor are a little bit harder to get

Located at less than a 40km drive from the Belgian border, beer heaven is close so I am very spoiled when it comes to beer. I can even get Anchor 'Porter' in my own home town.

Ok, so Sunday night I'm going to head out and buy a six pack of AB American Ale. BUT, I'm also going to buy a six of something else. Just in case it sucks.

Question to those who have been lurking and posting on this thread: Which other beer should I get?

Pabst Blue Ribbon all the way, brother.

As for Anchor, am I the only one that finds "Steam" beer overrated?

I saw someone mention Red Wolf. I found it highly drinkable, but not enough to make me want to go out and by a twelve pack.

And on the list of AB beers, I saw Corona absent. Do they not own that brand anymore? Here, at least, they still distribute it.

Right now I'm kicking back with an ice cold Golden Anniversary. This has got to be one of the best ultra low priced beers I've ever tried. If they brought this down to NC all of the AA meetings would be completely deserted!

Top Bottom