What's new

First DE shave, phenomenal!

so i found B&B a few weeks ago, and decided i really want to work my way up to a straight razor. so i began with a DE as recommended, and i cant be happier with the way things turned out. it was actually easy! i was afraid of cutting up my neck but experienced no such thing. ingrowns are still present on my neck from years of cartridge blades (mach 3), but im hoping that with each coming DE shave they will dissipate. thanks to all of you folks im hopefully on my way to many great shaves. considering how much i liked the DE, i think i may want to try a shavette. i like to keep a beard from time to time so the shavette should work nicely to box out the edges of the beard. thanks again folks, and i will keep this thread updated as things progress.

Congrats on the shave & Welcome to B&B.
Sounds like you are getting the hang of it very quick.
Just wait till you experiment with all the different products out there.

Congrats on your first great shave of what should be many to come - quick tidbit of advice - don't get too far ahead of yourself. Continue to take it easy and pay attention - it's very easy (and common) to feel like you go backwards the second week if you stop concentrating...

Congrats on the first DE shave! It only gets better from here, keep practicing your technique and the shave gods will reward you with luxurious shaves every time :tongue_sm Welcome to B&B!

Congrats on your first great shave of what should be many to come - quick tidbit of advice - don't get too far ahead of yourself. Continue to take it easy and pay attention - it's very easy (and common) to feel like you go backwards the second week if you stop concentrating...

Congrats on the first DE shave! It only gets better from here, keep practicing your technique and the shave gods will reward you with luxurious shaves every time :tongue_sm Welcome to B&B!

+1 to both and Welcome to B&B!

Shaves will get better. Wait until you find yourself shaving on days when you know you will staying home. Then, you're hooked.

Regarding taking it easy and paying attention, very good advice. Just when you think you know what you're doing is when you start doing stupid s**t like setting the razor on your face blade first with the blade perpendicular to your face, stretching your skin with one hand, but obscuring your mirror view of the razor so you can't see what you are doing, trying an inverted j-hook on your neck and giving yourself a nice gouge. Did I miss any?

Welcome to B&B.

I grow a beard during the winter. Using a DE and shavette work well with keeping it nice and neat.

Top Bottom