What's new

$250 for 5 blades?

Sometimes people put things like this on the bay as a sort of lottery; there is probably someone somewhere in the world who will agree to pay that. My friends disabled cousin bought something in a similar way on ebay for more money than this; I don't they think could get the money back.

ps, there's a chance these are solid gold and diamond encrusted, I'm not a blade expert...

Last edited:
I almost hit the Buy It Now, but luckily I noticed the shipping was $2.49 ... waaaayyyyyyy too much :tongue_sm

It's ONLY $50 per blade guys.

Hmmm, so considering we can buy around 200 blades for 50 bucks (figuring 3 shaves per blade)...you'd only need to get about 600 shaves per blade to make these cost effective. No problem!

Search eBay " Collectibles > Vanity, Perfume & Shaving > Shaving > Safety Razors" or simply "All Categories" for "YALE DOUBLE EDGE RAZOR WITH BLADE/RARE"

Given not just the scale but the unusually precise amounts, might there be something going on here other than simple auctions?

Last edited:
Anyone have any explanations for why the first set went so high? $250 BuyItNow is absurd, sure, but it's not that absurd considering the first set went for $160 in auction format.

Right now I'm just assuming that there are two robber barons named G.M. Foster that engage in furious bidding wars to buy everything with their name on it.

Last edited:
Anyone have any explanations for why the first set went so high? $250 BuyItNow is absurd, sure, but it's not that absurd considering the first set went for $160 in auction format.

Right now I'm just assuming that there are two robber barons named G.M. Foster that engage in furious bidding wars to buy everything with their name on it.

Shill bid, perhaps? If those blades are so rare, how did he come upon two packs of them?

In Clubman Rob's overly paranoid world he sees a man placing a high "ringer" winning bid on his own pack of blades, then waiting to re-list that same box for an absurdly high BIN so he can say "Look at what the last box went for at auction!"

Stranger (and shadier things) have happened.

If you check some of his other auctions, he also has a 195 for $995 and a Superspeed for $175 etc.

I don't know what's going on but something is kind of odd because, on the other hand, he has some items for rather normal prices. :confused:

Regards,
Tom

You're kidding :rolleyes:

It's $uper Rare! Of course it's worth a grand!

I don't know. What's really selling it for me is the usage of exclamation points in the description. Something with that many exclamation points just has to be good.

Razor measures almost 3 1/2 inches in total length!

Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.

Top Bottom