What's new

Timing Concerns

Alright, I have a solid schedule of when to do what when DE shaving, but I have one concern that may not actually be a concern, maybe just some anal tendency I have. Once I apply a hot towel to my face and apply my Poraso pre shave cream, I then start to whip up my lather. This only takes a min or two at most, but my face feels as though the benefits of using a hot towel have been expired by the time I apply my lather and start shaving. The point of using the hot towel is to open the pores and soften the beard, but how long is that window once you take away the heat and steam?

Good question..
Still working on this myself.
After the hot towel treatment, put some hot water on your mug while you are a'latherin'.
Keep it hot and wet and you should be OK.
I am SURE there are others here who can contribute more. :thumbup1:

Good Luck

I'm not too sure about the "window" but I had problems with prorasso's cooling effect on keeping my face warm. Probably more mental than practical though. [Insert easy jokes here] As soon as I remove the hot towel I wring it out and saturate it with more hot water and do it again, about two or three times. That has helped me quite a bit.

What I do after the hot towel treatment is whip up my lather then put Poraso pre shave on and then another hot towel. So far this has been working for me very well.

Loren

i've noticed the same thing when i try to shave in the afternoon and just use warm water for the face. shaving after a shower seems to make the window of available time much longer, plus there is not as much mess to clean up.

Top Bottom