What's new

DR Harris Lavender shave soap?

I just bought a puck of the Harris Lavender soap. When I opened it, it smelled like Ivory soap. When I lathered it up, I was surprised at the high quality of the lather-it was slick and profuse.
But, it still smelled like Ivory soap to me. Maybe my nose has finally lost its smell powers. The scent is muted and not as Lavender as TOBS.
Does anyone else agree with me about this product?

I just bought a puck of the Harris Lavender soap. When I opened it, it smelled like Ivory soap. When I lathered it up, I was surprised at the high quality of the lather-it was slick and profuse.
But, it still smelled like Ivory soap to me. Maybe my nose has finally lost its smell powers. The scent is muted and not as Lavender as TOBS.

I don't DR Harris lavender is a great shaver and contains the magic ingredient: Tallow

I like Harris soap a lot. I have a lavender shave stick and find it to have a pretty pronounced lavender scent. I actually think the Harris almomd has almost no smell.

That would be a close approximation. Mine had a discernible lavender scent in the bowl but after lathering, it sort of reminded me of just soap. The lather was superb. As is my Harris Marlborough. The latter is a favourite. The former not so much.

Regards, Todd

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
As for the performance of DR Harris soaps, they are outstanding. The scent of the Lavender is nice, not too pronounced. I also enjoy their Marlborough as well and the Arlington. I have not tried the Almond.

To me the Harris lavender has a very muted, soapy smell. It is certainly not the stronger lavender scent associated with many soaps such as Taylor or Eshave. However, I like the clean smell and of course, the performance of Harris is magnificent.

I think that Ivory has a slight lavender to it, so I could see why you think that. The DR Harris is a much more natural and pleasant scent to my nose.

Harris soaps are great but the scents are somewhat muted. The Marlborough has a stronger scent than the lavender but I enjoy both. For the most part soaps lose their scent as they are being lathered so its no big deal to me that the Harris soaps do not have a strong scent.

Top Bottom