What's new

Build in cup, then build on face afterwards

I finally found how to get awesome lather out of my VDH glycerine. At first when I built it I would put about a tablespoon and a half of water in my mug and build lather in the mug after having loaded my brush in my soap. The lather lubricated but would dry out on my face (though not in the mug), and was not all that thick. Today I did the same thing I always do and loaded the brush with soap and built in a mug, but after building in the mug, I took the "built" lather and put some of it on my face. Swirling the lather which (I thought) was built all the sudden made it explode on my face! I guess I need to build this stuff twice, once in the mug and once on my face. The nice thing is the semi concentrated lather in the mug can be added to the brush and swirled on the face again for multiple passes!

Oh and I also added less water this time... but I think the double build helped a lot too. My face feels awesome!

Yeah, I've learned to do the same.

I load up the brush.

Then, I lather up the brush in my bowl, adding more water to the brush and bowl.

I make sure my face is nice and wet and then lather on face for a bit.

That seems to be the best routine for me so far.

I finally found how to get awesome lather out of my VDH glycerine. At first when I built it I would put about a tablespoon and a half of water in my mug and build lather in the mug after having loaded my brush in my soap. The lather lubricated but would dry out on my face (though not in the mug), and was not all that thick. Today I did the same thing I always do and loaded the brush with soap and built in a mug, but after building in the mug, I took the "built" lather and put some of it on my face. Swirling the lather which (I thought) was built all the sudden made it explode on my face! I guess I need to build this stuff twice, once in the mug and once on my face. The nice thing is the semi concentrated lather in the mug can be added to the brush and swirled on the face again for multiple passes!

Oh and I also added less water this time... but I think the double build helped a lot too. My face feels awesome!

My opinion has always been, no matter where the brush was before it hits your face, you still need to spend some time "building" lather on your face. That's the whole thing. Soften up those whiskers. Scrub scrub, swirl swirl. If you're using that brush to just paint it on your face, it's not that different than using canned foam, in my opinion.

Yep, this is exactly what I do. I try to spend a couple of minutes getting the lather as perfect as I can in the bowl and then I further build on my face for a good minute or so to really get the lather working its softening magic.

This works better for me than straight up face lathering or bowl building and then "painting" on face.

I've been doing pretty much the same. I call it partial face lathering, where I start the lather on the puck and finish it on my face.

Top Bottom