What's new

Cognac

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Delamain Pale & Dry

Maison Surrenne XO

Hine VSOP - much better than other VSOPs I've tried; one of the best deals in cognac, IMHO

Cool! Exactly what I'm looking for, I never heard of any of those... Let the search begin!! :thumbup:

I once was gripped by a madness and bought a bottle of Delamain 1991 Grand Champagne Cognac for upwards of $1000...extravagant, but it was certainly almost worth the hefty price point! I recommend looking for smaller producers of cognacs, as the smaller batch sizes give beter control over the finer product. A lot of specialty whiskey sellers will either carry a cognac range or know where you can find them, so don't be afraid to ask your local.

As a small producer I recommend chateau domaine de pinot if you can find it; it's the last chateau in France that still produces everything on its grounds, so it grows all it's own grapes and produces everything in house. It should be around $200, last I checked. Also, at the $100 mark you can find the dobbe petite fuit 10yo, a lovely light, floral cognac that turns into gold on the palatte, and a perfect match to a light nicaraguan cigar.

Good luck!

Edit - The Chateau Domaine was a misspelling - It was in fact the Chateau Fontpinot from Frapin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom