• Taylors Sandalwood cream

• Taylors Sandalwood soap

• Proraso cream

• proraso soap

• Tabac soap

• Irish Moos stick

• GFT Almond soap

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll be going to LA for the first time since switching to DE shaving. My problem is deciding on what to bring to shave with for 3 days. I have acquired so many great soaps and creams, it's just making me mad to have to only take one. :biggrin: I'm leaving tomorrow night so I'll be checking the results of this poll up until tomorrow afternoon.

What are you doing with your DE? Packing it in your suitcase or carry-on? Is it even POSSIBLE to take a DE with you?

EDIT: never mind. You can't take blades carry-on. :)

Last edited:
I'll be going to LA for the first time since switching to DE shaving. My problem is deciding on what to bring to shave with for 3 days. I have acquired so many great soaps and creams, it's just making me mad to have to only take one. :biggrin: I'm leaving tomorrow night so I'll be checking the results of this poll up until tomorrow afternoon.

I guess I don't understand why you only want to take one.

I was out of town for two nights and brought Col. Conk Almond soap, KMF Mint Shave Cream, and Proraso Green tube.

Bringing only one is linear thinking. Think outside the tub/tube.

Take a shave stick, wether it be Sir Irisch Moos or else isn't as important as the fact that they are awesome. Add a lightweight (cheapo) badger brush, a DE of your choice, an after-shave which suits the soap, and mail the DE blades to your staying place.

I have the brush and razor covered. I bought a C&E travel brush because I knew I was going to be making these week long trips. My '61 SS and a pack of Swedes will also be along for the ride. The soap/cream thing is what really has me stumped. I'm trying to pack as light as possible, I already have to check a carry-on sized roller full of computer equipment and I want my personal items to be kept to a minimum so they will fit in a small duffel. I'll have to check the duffel as well due to the Swedes. Makes it easy getting on and off the plane when everything is checked. :biggrin:

Proraso soap is my go to when flying. The tub with the snap tight lid is perfect for traveling, and it's great soap as well!

Of the options I would take the Proraso soap, but that's because I really enjoyed the shave I had with it.

Either way, have a great time in LA!

Well, I had to change my flight to earlier this afternoon. Looks like Proraso won out, but I found a small hole in the tube of SC so I'll be taking the soap along with Thayers Super Medicated WH, and the Proraso ASB. It's going to be chilly in LA! I'll post some LA SOTD's and some pics from my trip. I plan on hitting a few C&E stores around where I'm staying to look for those close-out brushes and things too. Houston is tapped out right now.

The Proraso Cream would be easy to travel with and you know it will give you a great shave!

The cream can be a problem if you want to travel carry on only because the tube is too big to pass the TSA rules. That's why I take the soap in my carry on.

Top Bottom