What's new

Astra, Personna, Feather, help!

Ok, so I've tried the red pack Personna and the Feather. The Personna is a little smoother. But the Feather lasts an extra couple of shaves and requires less work to get a BBS. The Feather costs quite a bit though.

I've heard Astras are pretty nice. But I can't seem to find them for sale for anything below a 30 count. I'd rather not buy that many blades before I try it.

How do they compare with the Feather and Personna?

For me, the scale of sharpness is thus:

Red Pack Personna
Astra
Feather

John (Letterk) at West Coast Shaving sells the 5 pack of Astras; postage will be minimal. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Ok, so I've tried the red pack Personna and the Feather. The Personna is a little smoother. But the Feather lasts an extra couple of shaves and requires less work to get a BBS. The Feather costs quite a bit though.

I've heard Astras are pretty nice. But I can't seem to find them for sale for anything below a 30 count. I'd rather not buy that many blades before I try it.

Buy the 100 pack, I am sure you can get rid of them here and not lose a cent if you don't like them.

Get some Voskhods. Amazing in my DE89.
Good balance between sharpness & comfort. Sharper than Personna Reds but more comfortable than Feathers.

Top Bottom