What's new

mmm patchouli...

I've totally gotten into a sandalwood / patchouli kick. The Shave Den sells a killer aftershave splash with each flavor, and I have sandalwood cream and soap from Art of Shaving... but I am totally lacking in a good patchouli soap. I ordered some as a sample from The Gentleman's Quarter, but I've never had great luck with artisan soaps.

Are there any really good, tallow-based patchoulis out there?

I've totally gotten into a sandalwood / patchouli kick. The Shave Den sells a killer aftershave splash with each flavor, and I have sandalwood cream and soap from Art of Shaving... but I am totally lacking in a good patchouli soap. I ordered some as a sample from The Gentleman's Quarter, but I've never had great luck with artisan soaps.

Are there any really good, tallow-based patchoulis out there?

None, that I have found. I think you are going to be stuck with melt-and-pour soaps if you looking for patchouli. Kiss My Face does make a patchouli cream that is dirt cheap. For ~$7 you can get a pump dispenser that should last close to a decade.

Anyone tried these? They have some neat sounding scents. Report please!
I have a Tea Tree EO cream/soap from Jean. It is a very dense cream and provides a thick lather. Make sure you let the cream rehydrate a bit so that you will end up with the optimal lather.

Kiss My Face makes a nice patchouli cream too.

None, that I have found. I think you are going to be stuck with melt-and-pour soaps if you looking for patchouli. Kiss My Face does make a patchouli cream that is dirt cheap. For ~$7 you can get a pump dispenser that should last close to a decade.

Yeah, I have the Kiss My Face patchouli cream, and sometimes superlather that in with my AoS sandalwood, but I don't like its performance on its own. It's got a KILLER scent though.

Just as an update, I tried TSD's patchouli with my shave today. Pretty good, but not as good as my tallow-based soaps. :/ Very frustrating. The scent's pretty nice though.

Top Bottom