What's new

Caswell-Massey's 1752 Sandalwood

I am not sure how many of you have used the Caswell-Massey's 1752 Sandalwood Shave Cream but in the seven months since I started wet shaving again I have never encountered anything by way of soap or cream that made me put it away and never use it again but I think today was the day. I bought this a couple of days ago and had trouble getting a decent lather and the last two days I thought I was just having a problem with a blade or something but after todays shave I realized it has to be the cream. weepers and a couple of nicks and afterwards my face feels like sandpaper so I used a moisturizer and I never do. Either this tub of cream is really drying out my face or I am allergic to something in the cream. I used my HD as usual and a new Derby Blade and have never had issues with either.

Has anyone here had a similar experience I am baffled. Seven months of shaving bliss and this really has me a taken back.

Oh and on top of everything else that happened with this sub par cream it says Sandalwood and I will challenge anyone who can find a Sandalwood scent in this stuff.

If anyone wants this tub of cream let me know and I will send it to you and you might have better luck with it than I did. Just PM me and I will send it along and I will pay for shipping. All I know it doesn't work for me.

Would it be too much to expect better results from the shaving products from Caswell-Massey, "America's Oldest Chemists and Perfumers, established in 1752"?

Top Bottom