What's new

Omega Shave Soap vs Proraso Green

So, I'm currently using a tub of Omega soap like the one in this BST post: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=77996. I have to say, it's definitely great stuff. I prefer it hands down over Williams and VDH Deluxe. (These are the only soaps I've tried so far.)

Does anyone know how the Proraso Eucalyptus Oil and Menthol (green tub) compares to it? I've read in multiple places that Proraso makes the Omega soap, but is the formula different?

Thanks for any info!

I have alot of soaps & I havent admitted it to myself officially but Omega is in my top 2. Not sure how it compares ingredient wise to Proraso green but I have heard it compared to Proraso's Red minus the wheat germ

Last edited:
I have used both of them and I like the Omega over the Proraso.

I think the Omega is slicker than the Proraso

AndyG

Sorry, but an email from Omega last Friday says that neither their cream or soap has lanolin.

That's strange. It lists lanolin on the bottom of the tub as one of the ingredients. It's toward the end, but on the list just the same.:confused:

It is probably an older tub...here in part is Omega's reply: "... Further to your request we inform you that our recent production of shaving cream (both in bowl and in tube) do not contain lanolin......"
The tub I recently purchased did not list lanolin as an ingredient and I asked Omega...

Top Bottom