What's new

Help about the Alum block

Hello!I just received this morning an alum block and I just wanna know how to use it right as an aftershave.I think that the with last one that I used I didnt do it right.I have been reading some spanish blogs about using it and dont think is the right way,or at least didnt noticed any tingling sensation when I used it.Thanks a lot!

I just started using the Alum block also and haven't experienced the tingling sensation also. What I did notice was that I forgot to use it this morning and I've got a little bit of razor burn that I haven't experienced when using the block. I also put in a new blade and maybe it wasn't a good one.

Hello!I just received this morning an alum block and I just wanna know how to use it right as an aftershave.I think that the with last one that I used I didnt do it right.I have been reading some spanish blogs about using it and dont think is the right way,or at least didnt noticed any tingling sensation when I used it.Thanks a lot!

Very simple to use... wet the alum and rub it on (you may need to rewet as you go). You may or may not feel any sting or tingling depending on how good or bad your shave may have been.

You can let it dry on your face or rinse it off with cold water or aftershave according to your preferences.

I rinse my face with cold water and leave it wet. Then I rub the alum block slowly all over my face. Extra passes where it stings more. I don't need to wet the alum because my face it wet.

When I'm home, I then rinse again with cold water and apply Dickinson's Blue Label Witch Hazel. I let that dry and apply ASB.

Wet alum block with cold water. Rub on wet face. Afterwards, rinse your face or there will be a white, powderish residue left on your face after it has dried.

Top Bottom