What's new

*#@#%*& Usps

*RANT*

I have noticed that when I order my shaving supplies be it from QED, classicshaving.com, etc....that I get an email with a tracking number from the USPS. EVERYTIME I click the number it says the damn thing has a number but the post office hasn't received it yet. It hasn't been scanned into the mail stream. Now, the funny thing is, the website will say this to the day the package is delivered. Even after the damn thing has arrived it says that. Why are we paying for this service they are too lazy to perform??????????????????? Anyone else experience this?????

*rant over*

av8or234 said:
*RANT*

I have noticed that when I order my shaving supplies be it from QED, classicshaving.com, etc....that I get an email with a tracking number from the USPS. EVERYTIME I click the number it says the damn thing has a number but the post office hasn't received it yet. It hasn't been scanned into the mail stream. Now, the funny thing is, the website will say this to the day the package is delivered. Even after the damn thing has arrived it says that. Why are we paying for this service they are too lazy to perform??????????????????? Anyone else experience this?????

*rant over*

Tom,
Here's the problem.... you say you got a tracking number - in fact it is - and is called delivery confirmation. The key difference is that it ONLY confirms the package was delivered - it does NOT track the package, update you, etc. It either shows up as delivered or the bunk message you mention. UPS and Fedex TRACK the package - and tell you when it was received, where it currently is, what the status is, etc. While - I agree, this is much - MUCH nicer, I vastly prefer USPS, as the items arrive in 2-3 days and packages come on Saturdays - where as with UPS/FEDEX it is much slower, and saturday delivery is BIG money.

While I understand your frustration - given the options, I think we all prefer getting our beloved items sooner! :smile:

Hope this calms you down a little :biggrin:

That is actually a delivery confirmation number. Not a tracking number. Delivery Confirmation is like $.50 so all it does is post that the number has been activated and you get the message you referred to in the beginning. Then once the carrier has delivered they update it to the second message. True tracking is much more expensive.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
QED packages seem to arrive very quickly, but everything from CS seems to take forever. Perhaps it's because I'm on the East coast.

BTW- do you know Timmy Boston, from Carmel, IN? :blink:

joel said:
Tom,
Here's the problem.... you say you got a tracking number - in fact it is - and is called delivery confirmation. The key difference is that it ONLY confirms the package was delivered - it does NOT track the package, update you, etc. It either shows up as delivered or the bunk message you mention. UPS and Fedex TRACK the package - and tell you when it was received, where it currently is, what the status is, etc. While - I agree, this is much - MUCH nicer, I vastly prefer USPS, as the items arrive in 2-3 days and packages come on Saturdays - where as with UPS/FEDEX it is much slower, and saturday delivery is BIG money.

While I understand your frustration - given the options, I think we all prefer getting our beloved items sooner! :smile:

Hope this calms you down a little :biggrin:

Joel posted a little quicker than I did. And yes I agree that I like the USPS speed of delivery for the price more than the others with the full tracking.

I believe the USPS additional charges for delivery comfirmation and priority mail are highly overrated. I've had the same issues with the delivery confirmation where the item had been delivered, but didn't show up for two days on their tracking site as saying it had been. What's the point of that?

The priority mail marketing ploy makes it sound like the package is getting some special delivery from the originating post office to the reciever (homeowner or business) when in fact the package makes the same trip with all the other stuff until it gets to the delivery post office. Then it's just highlighted for FIRST delivery when the postal carrier makes his/her way into your neighborhood. So you will probably get your package the same day as you would have normally, just a little earlier in the day.

I use regular 1st class delivery 99% of the time unless I need to pay for next day delivery. Otherwise, it's just a waste of money in my opinion.

av8or234 said:
*RANT*

*rant over*

The downfall I see to the "confirmation" situation is I have had packages never arrive. But they were delivered. We just don't know who received them.

Randy

AACJ said:
I believe the USPS additional charges for delivery comfirmation and priority mail are highly overrated. I've had the same issues with the delivery confirmation where the item had been delivered, but didn't show up for two days on their tracking site as saying it had been. What's the point of that?

The priority mail marketing ploy makes it sound like the package is getting some special delivery from the originating post office to the reciever (homeowner or business) when in fact the package makes the same trip with all the other stuff until it gets to the delivery post office. Then it's just highlighted for FIRST delivery when the postal carrier makes his/her way into your neighborhood. So you will probably get your package the same day as you would have normally, just a little earlier in the day.

I use regular 1st class delivery 99% of the time unless I need to pay for next day delivery. Otherwise, it's just a waste of money in my opinion.

I only get one delivery a day and it is usually at 4 or 5 PM. I hate getting mail that late in the day. I would have noticed if my Priority Mail stuff had been delivered separate.

I agree USPS calling their confirmation number a "tracking number" is incredibly misleading. As for prefering USPS over UPS/FedEX. Well, no offense to anyone else but I call BUNK! I get my packages at least as fast with FedEx and UPS than I do with USPS and I can actually use their tracking numbers to track a package! Who wudda thunk it a tracking number that allows you to track a package. Overall I have little use for USPS outside normal letters.

fuerein said:
I agree USPS calling their confirmation number a "tracking number" is incredibly misleading. As for prefering USPS over UPS/FedEX. Well, no offense to anyone else but I call BUNK! I get my packages at least as fast with FedEx and UPS than I do with USPS and I can actually use their tracking numbers to track a package! Who wudda thunk it a tracking number that allows you to track a package. Overall I have little use for USPS outside normal letters.

I think the biggest thing is the cost difference and the convience of the seller. I don't have a FedEx or UPS account so drop off is not as convient.

I opened a UPS account for ground delivery when regulations put a halt on air shipment of products with alcohol. I've never used it. The price is higher and delivery time no faster than USPS ground.

The USPS confirmation look-up isn't tracking. When I print a shipping label, the moment my printer spits out the label I can 'check shipment'. Of course, it doesn't reflect any information. That lack of info is not changed until it is delivered and later that night the scan number goes into their system.

I have had First Class mail take longer than Priority to the same location, even though both were enroute in the same aircraft belly. Go figure....
Sue

ouch said:
QED packages seem to arrive very quickly, but everything from CS seems to take forever. Perhaps it's because I'm on the East coast.

BTW- do you know Timmy Boston, from Carmel, IN? :blink:

I did know that indeed. We went to high school together, graduated same year. However, our class was very large and I can't say I can place his name even though he PMd me about it.

On another note, according to the post office website I have not received my brush. But if I haven't gotten it yet, what is this gorgeous monster sitting beside me that says Savile Row on it????? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

av8or234 said:
*RANT*

*rant over*

I wish you to never have to deal with "poste italiane".

The only times I've had information updated on an order shipped via USPS was with Saint Sue. Very fast shipping from her.

And while I am generally a patient person when I know approximately when something will happen, I'll admit....when I buy stuff online (espcecially shaving stuff), I want it quick. So yes, false/innacurate/non-existing can be quite frustrating :biggrin:

The Delivery Confirmation Number is just that a number on a package. The Prioriy Mail is NOT all placed with First Class. Priority Mail is seperated at the take in point and then sent to the air center(where the mail is sorted to be placed on a plane). Priority Mail is delivered with the regular delivery by your regular mailman.
I know there is confusion by some people as to confirmation numbers verses tracking, we don't track packages ot the post office.
As for packages from Classic Shaving taking a long time mine took 7 days coming UPS and I couldn't stand it had I known that they would change to UPS based on weight I would have gladly paid the diference for Priortiy Mail.
The only time I see late Priority Mail 3 insted of 2 days is if coming from a small town or going to a small town. Someimes in late December it might take longer but that is the only time I see it.
I hope I can help clear this up for anyone who is concerned.
Also, I would be glad to take any questions anyone would have.

Okay John, so how come two packages taken to the post office the same day, one as 1st class and one as priority mail, coming from my parents in Florida to my house in Virginia got here the same day, just one came an hour ahead of the other? this happens all the time when the send stuff to me that way.

Top Bottom