What's new

special razor for special blades.

ok guys I've got a bit of a twist on the whole "What razor do I have?" My question is "What razor do I need?". I found them at an antique/consignment store the other day, and finally decided to buy a pack to ask what razor they went with.

full

full

full

full

I can't for the life of me read the first letter(s?) of the Brand or I'd just google that. I also don't really know all of the razor research resources on the web, just here, if you guys have an idea of where I could find the info except here please let me know.

Cheers
Brody

(edit) could the razor be similer to the Ward safety razor posted little while ago?

Last edited by a moderator:
I searched www.freepatentsonline.com for the name "Szabo" + razor ... it appears to be a specialty blade for trimming the hair on the head, not for whiskers.

From the looks of it, you could probably subsitute a standard DE and it would work just as well in that trimmer device.

Could you post another pic with a reference ruler, and perhaps line it up next to a known blade like a Feather or a Derby so we can look at the size?

full

full

Hopefully these help. I didn't even think if these could not be for a safety razor :blushing: I was intrigued because they only had two holes where as ever other safety razor blade (that I've seen) had three, obviously to facilitate the cap being attached to the handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
"zur Haarpflege" translates to "for hair care". In German, "Haar", unless qualified otherwise, means hair on the head. So these blades were made for cutting or trimming hair, not for shaving.

"zur Haarpflege" translates to "for hair care". In German, "Haar", unless qualified otherwise, means hair on the head. So these blades were made for cutting or trimming hair, not for shaving.

Thanks for the translation Tido :001_smile guess we can put this mystery to rest.

Top Bottom