What's new

Sweet Georgia Brown "Purple" Question

I've been using the Sweet Georgia Brown "Red" for a few years, but I'm interested in trying out the water-based "Purple." Has anyone here tried it? Does it act like a gel in that it dries and makes the hair stiff, or more like a pomade?

Thanks...

I haven't tried either, but I much prefer a pomade type over a gel or any other products that causes the hair to be stiff.

I have not had a chance to try it, lemme know if you do. I have been using Layrite and Super Layrite and they work great. Wish they left a little more shine in your hair though, they can also get expensive at 13-14$$ a jar

It's basically Dax Wax Washable.
The hold is somewhere in the middle of the SGB Red and the Blue, but closer to the Blue. It adds a fair whack of shine, though. More like Dax Short 'n' Neat. It doesn't dry stiff, so it's very much pomade performance as opposed to a gel.

Here is my review of the Dax Wax Washable if it's of any use:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?ltr=D&t=53721

One other thing definitely worth mentioning- The SGB purple DOES NOT smell like the red. The purple has a "mixed berries" fragrance, while the red is "caramel/vanilla" scented.

It's basically Dax Wax Washable.
The hold is somewhere in the middle of the SGB Red and the Blue, but closer to the Blue. It adds a fair whack of shine, though. More like Dax Short 'n' Neat. It doesn't dry stiff, so it's very much pomade performance as opposed to a gel.

Thanks for the review Jim! Think I will give it a try, sounds like it would work pretty decent on my pompadour and still allow me to wash it out easily.

Top Bottom