What's new

Elimination Tourney for creams - submit your creams here, and discuss tactics!

Who is King?

• Art is King!

• Art is NOT King. This is anarchy!

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK, looks like I AM dumb enough to do this! :eek::eek:

This thread has two purposes. This is NOT a voting or cream discussion thread. It is simply where I will accumulate the creams that will be in the tournament. You can submit anything - from Gillette Foamy to Castle Forbes.

Also recommendations for the format and ways to make it run so that it completes some time before the sun burns out would be good! :biggrin:

To start things off, my cream submissions are;

JM Frasers
Speick
Trumpers Extract of Limes
Castle Forbes
Wars

Note there is no preference shown. That's for later! :smile:

Lets say this thread will run a week. Today is 3/5/09. So close date for submissions will be next Friday, 3/13/09.

First and foremost, Art is King. :smile:

Creams to add based on my experience:

Florena/Nivea
Palmolive
Musgo Real
Salter's Rose
AoS Sandalwood
Nancy Boy Signature
SCS Coconut
Caswell Massey Greenbriar (you know, for the Thursday night play-in game :001_tongu)
My Time Bath and Body Menthol
Derby
ToBS Avocado

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Will you be needing submission of each scent from a brand ... or will you go with brands rather than individual brand scents? TOBS must have a dozen different creams, for example, and T&H not far behind!

I'll toss the following into the ring ...

Trumper's coconut
T&H Limes
TOBS Rose
... but you can take it as a nomination of each house, if you like.

I have decided to change my three votes to a list that I compiled a few weeks ago - I hope this is helpful, I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything.

Geo F. Trumper
Musgo Real
Proraso
Speick
Taylor of Old Bond St.
Truefitt & Hill
Art of Shaving
Kiss My Face
Penhaligon's
Castle Forbes
The Body Shop
Acqua di Parma
Crabtree & Evelyn
Edwin Jagger
Erasmic
Eshave
Floris
JM Fraser's
Men-Ü
Nancy Boy
Nivea
Omega
Saint Charles Shave
The Gentleman's Refinery
The Shave Den
Tom's of Maine
Tryphon Permafrost
Wars
Classic Shaving
Caswell-Massey

Last edited:
Will you be needing submission of each scent from a brand ... or will you go with brands rather than individual brand scents? TOBS must have a dozen different creams, for example, and T&H not far behind!

That's a very good question and I'm not sure how to handle it. There are differences within a brand, and not just scent. For instance I've read posts claiming that ToBS avocado is the best performing of their line, which would imply there is something different about it. I don't know, and somehow I doubt ToBS has a different formulation just for avocado, but since I haven't tried it I don't know.

Perhaps if we get multiple entries for a house, they should run off within that house until the last cream remains.

I think that since in this series of polls you're really including every great cream out there, that brand favorites should be allowed. ToBS Avocado is a great example where that specific cream might beat out other giants like T&H & Proraso, but as a brand Taylor's might not stand as much of a chance.

Just a few more days, then I call the list complete. No whining if, when the polls start, your cream does not appear! :biggrin: So look at the entries and see if your cream is missing.

Top Bottom