Thread: Newbie Question

Cool Newbie Question

ok, I think im going nuts about this!...BTW..I am a DE shaver of 3-4 months now..technique n everything is fine with anyblade I use..question is this...

1. I have a MerkurHD Classic handle..working on narrowing my blades down in a few more weeks from sampler pack

2. I REALLY LOVE the idea/pics of the Slant Longpole razor

3. Problem is I have coarse AND sensetive skin..I shave every 3 days or so..sometimes 2..I go for about 4-5 passes with EACH blade

4. Nothing wrong with what im using now..just wanna try something different..I was told it would be a bit too aggressive for me...thoughts/suggestions?

Images

you are referring to the 39c slant sledgehammer, no I don't think it will be too aggressive for you if used properly, I would recommend shaving on whatever schedule you do now but you will almost definetely find you can get as good a shave if not better in much less passes, I would start off just doing 2 passes and with a mild blade like a Derby and you should be fine
    Jim

hey thnx for your reply!..umm..I honestly HATE derby's n prefer Astras or swedes..im tryin out sample pack of feathers..what do u think?..anyone you know who would wanna buy my 178 Merkur HD (open comb) Classic razor?..just curious?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jrcrow79 View Post
    hey thnx for your reply!..umm..I honestly HATE derby's n prefer Astras or swedes..im tryin out sample pack of feathers..what do u think?..anyone you know who would wanna buy my 178 Merkur HD (open comb) Classic razor?..just curious?
    all 3 are good blades but I would definitely save the feathers for last, at least until you have used it a few times as they can be to some an aggressive blade and the 39c can be aggressive to, once you are used to it though you may prefer them
    Jim