What's new

shaving cream vs shaving soap difference

hello people....could you explain me the major difference with the shaving cream vs the shaving soap?? scent..moisture effect...ecc....

thanks

Most of it is personal preference. Some creams can be whipped up thicker, providing more protection if that is what you want. Nowadays there are so many different soaps or creams that the distinction is quite small. Try them all and see what you like.

Scotto said:
Most of it is personal preference. Some creams can be whipped up thicker, providing more protection if that is what you want. Nowadays there are so many different soaps or creams that the distinction is quite small. Try them all and see what you like.

Thats the ticket!:biggrin:

for me....I also get a closer shave with a soap.

However, proraso green tube rocks for closeness on the cream side!

Plus, I like the unique products you can get on the soap side...like Mama Bear and QED.

With good prep and technique, I can get almost equal shaves with either product.

I get a Closer shave with soaps. I get better protection with a cream. The face feels different after a soap then a cream. Both are great, I love variety!

I get both a smoother and closer shave with the Honeybee-Spa shaving soap. These soaps also provide just as much or more protection than any of the creams I have used except for maybe the Poraso.

The general rule of thumb is that soaps provide more "glide" and creams more "protection". That said, there are soaps and creams I've used that provide both, as long as you lather them properly.

I though about buying cream and was almost convinced...than from sudden someone told me about MamaBear's (Sue's) shaving soaps and I immediatelly ordered Vanilla Sandalwood :wink2: will tell you the difference as soon as I get my hands on it and try it ... am really looking forward to it :biggrin:

for me the soap is a faster cut, meaning it takes care of business very fast. the creams are usually more moisturizing and a little more protective, but take a little longer to get the beard down to a good length.

in the winter time it's pretty much been creams, but some soaps have good moisturization as well. you should definately get both.

Top Bottom