What's new

Where to buy locally?

Being new to the wet shaving environment, I don't know where to look for materials beyond what's available at Walmart/CVS. There's not much to choose from around here, so I don't know where to start. Would a beauty shop carry products for men? What about a store like Belks (that's about as upscale as it gets here; there's a Macy's about an hour from here but I don't get over to that area much)?

I've tried so hard to find a store and I'm in a major metro area and they're just not around. The best website that's respected and I as well as many others buy from is: classicshaving.com

:001_smile

On my blog there's a set of links about halfway down the right side of the page labelled "Bricks and Mortar Product Locators" that might help.

--Mark

Local cigar shops will also sometimes carry mens grooming supplies like creams, soaps, brushes, and/or razors. Never hurts to call, or visit and see.

On my blog there's a set of links about halfway down the right side of the page labelled "Bricks and Mortar Product Locators" that might help.

--Mark

Of those, all we have is a small Bath & Bodyworks in the mall. Is the shaving cream the only thing available there?

I don't mind shopping online. I was just hoping to do it in-person so I could look, feel and smell the different products. I haven't seen any cigar shops around here, but maybe I'm not looking close enough.

Thanks, y'all

Of those, all we have is a small Bath & Bodyworks in the mall. Is the shaving cream the only thing available there?

I don't mind shopping online. I was just hoping to do it in-person so I could look, feel and smell the different products. I haven't seen any cigar shops around here, but maybe I'm not looking close enough.

Thanks, y'all

Bath and Body Works carries a decent selection of C.O. Bigelow it may be hard to find, I spent 5 minutes looking for the C.O. Bigelow products and ended up finding all the Men's stuff at the rear of the store half-way behind the cash registers :-\

I picked up the C.O. Bigelow shaving cream (Proraso) and a Mentha gift set and used the $5 giftcard it came with at the same time that I bought both items whee! FYI, if you get the Mentha body wash it DOES feel like you are standing naked in a blizzard if you get it on your "sensitive" parts. I plan on going back and getting the big bottle :w00t:

Also, if you like Peppermint as I have started leaning here lately. Paul Mitchell makes a shampoo called "Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo" that contains peppermint oil to give that invigorating cooling sensation on your scalp. I plan on picking up the 33.8 oz bottle today from ebay as I dont know of many stores that carry their products :-\

Thanks, y'all
Sometimes health food stores and vitamin stores will carry Kiss My Face products, so you can sometimes get a good supply of shaving cream from there. They will usually also have one more more kinds of Thayer's witch hazel (natural aftershave/toner) and crystal deodorants which can be used as a shaving alum block.

I just did a write up in this forum of a great little shave shop in Oklahoma City called Carwin's. I've seen other shops and outlets mentioned here.
I'd be curious what the Search feature turned up not only in South Carolina, but also your neighboring states.

Thanks again, y'all.

I ended up hitting all the sites I could find and using their 'store locater' tool. I found a small furnishings shop by my office that carried a small shelf of C&E and Jack Black stuff. They had cremes but no soaps (mostly the stuff was hair care products & lotions), which is what I was wanting to try, but I did get a C&E BBB. I'll keep looking around for a soap to replace the CVS stuff I'm currently using.

Closest place I know of is in Charlotte, at SouthPark mall. There is a Caswell & Massey on 2nd level. Mall has some stores with a shelf or two of "stuff".
I order all my stuff on-line..

Thanks, GardenWeasel. If you're ever in a pinch, Cloud Nine (916 Gervais) is where I stopped this afternoon and picked up the brush. I'll keep looking around Columbia as we're out & about and will report back here if I find anything.

There used to be a great barber supply store in Dutch Square. Unfortunately, Dutch Square is now, if my sister tells me correctly, a parking lot.:frown: They may have moved somewhere when that plaza closed though.

Apparently, when I leave a city, it falls apart.:lol:

What about at Concord Mills? I have a buddy that lives in Concord and usually stop there to hit the Bass Pro Shop when I'm in town (which I will be in 13 days).

Thanks, GardenWeasel. If you're ever in a pinch, Cloud Nine (916 Gervais) is where I stopped this afternoon and picked up the brush. I'll keep looking around Columbia as we're out & about and will report back here if I find anything.

Thanks!! I'll drive by there tomorrow!

What about at Concord Mills? I have a buddy that lives in Concord and usually stop there to hit the Bass Pro Shop when I'm in town (which I will be in 13 days).

It's been a while since I was last there - but I don't remember seeing a 'dedicated' store...might be worth a try!

Top Bottom