What's new

Might be worth looking into.

Saw this ad on my local CL. I'm too broke to check it out but I thought some of you guys might want to.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/clt/1059414249.html

Antique Straight Razor Collection (Santa Cruz)
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-03, 7:30PM PST

I want to get an idea of value for my straight razor collection, at this time, to see if I should sell the collection. I thought I would try craigslist first, to see if there is reasonable interest. If not I will look for an auctioneer.
This is a true antique straight razor collection of 30 to 50+ straight razors of various brands. I used to have all the info, off the top of my head, but lost interest a few years back. Some of the brands are rare, some of the razors are very old, some of the straight razors are rare (ivory, stag horn, silver pin or wire scenes). Many have never seen use and are in pristine condition. I do not remember all the details, I just have completely lost interest in collecting them anymore.
Please do not ask for more info unless you are a serious collector, because it will require a bit of effort on my part to provide needed info.
If there is no interest, we can all move on.
Thanks

If someone was interested I would offer to go check them out to let you far off guys know what condition they were in but I don't know enough about grading to be sure I wouldn't disappoint someone with inaccurate descriptions.

GB

I'm actually interested. How much does he want? I might take them all if its a good price and they're all not rusted or chipped.

It would seem that, if you're offering them for sale, you would best do the research first. This would allow you to mazimixe your profit and to enable a potential buyer to better evaluate your offerings. Might be to your advantage just to go to a dealer and risk the loss.

"Please do not ask for more info unless you are a serious collector, because it will require a bit of effort on my part to provide needed info."

:lol:

How many times was the word interest used in the OP?

I just thought I'd post the ad since there are a few B&Bers in the San Jose area I thought might be interested, or if someone is interested I am sure the ad poster would send pics.
GB

Im going to look at a lot of 100 on tuesday in upstate, ny. This knife collector got it as part of a bigger lot of knives and just wants to get rid of it. I wonder if there is anything good in it.

Top Bottom