What's new

The ULTIMATE Cream Poll - GFT, Proraso, Harris, Musgo, T&H, Speick, TOBS, & more!

Which creams do you think are the best, or are your personal favorites?

• Art of Shaving

• Castle Forbes

• D.R. Harris

• Geo F. Trumper

• Kiss My Face

• Musgo Real

• Nancy Boy

• Penhaligon's

• Proraso

• Speick

• Taylor of Old Bond St.

• Truefitt & Hill

Results are only viewable after voting.
Three Creams for the Mod-Kings under the sky,
Seven for Merkur Lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Gillette Men doomed to die,
One for the Straight Shaver on his dark throne
In the Land of the Badger and the Blade where the lurkers lie.
One Cream to rule them all, One Cream to find them,
One Cream to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

I made this a "multiple" poll, since not many people have one favorite - this way you can choose your top picks.

Before the inevitable complaints roll in (why isn't ____ on there?!), y'all did have more than four days to submit your choices on this thread. Also, keep in mind that I only had 12 slots to choose from hundreds of great creams, so I did the best I could.

Other than that, hope we get some interesting results here!

Nice job! Again! I am surprised by one thing though - Frasers is not there. I'm surprised that more people didn't jump in with a vote for it to get it on the poll!

Lots of good creams up there. Anyone would do well with any of them.

Stand alone,frist choice is Proraso Green. The most versital cream I use is KMF, it's what I use for superlather.

Ok, it looks like the results are in!

1. Proraso
2. Taylor of Old Bond St.
3. Truefitt & Hill
4. Geo F. Trumper
5. Speick
(three-way tie for sixth!)
6. D.R. Harris
6. Musgo Real
6. Art of Shaving
7. Penhaligon's
8. Castle Forbes
9. Nancy Boy
10. Kiss My Face

i'm actually kinda surprised porarso won. just because i figured everyone would pick like i did and select something that they usually can't afford to go out and buy tons of!

No surprise here. I got my red and 2 tubes of green. When I start my last tube i go buy another. I hear the red is no longer made, what a shame. I am amazed that CF did not place higher, the lime is to die for!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Ok, it looks like the results are in!

1. Proraso
2. Taylor of Old Bond St.
3. Truefitt & Hill
4. Geo F. Trumper
5. Speick
(three-way tie for sixth!)
6. D.R. Harris
6. Musgo Real
6. Art of Shaving
7. Penhaligon's
8. Castle Forbes
9. Nancy Boy
10. Kiss My Face

i'm actually kinda surprised porarso won. just because i figured everyone would pick like i did and select something that they usually can't afford to go out and buy tons of!

This happens nearly every time Proraso is included and it is not because it is the best. It is only because it is tried the most. I would imagine few have actually tried all of the choices and therefore the poll is not accurate. People will only vote on what they have tried.

I would wager that nearly everyone who has tried all the choices would certainly not have Proraso at the top. In fact, I would imagine the order would be very different, with some of the more expensive and less available choices at the top.

I know a lot of people like Proraso for every day use, but if it was truly so great, the others would have gone out of business.

Castle Forbes at #8 and Proraso at #1...........

proxy.php

This poll needs to be thrown away.

Decisions, decisions, decisions, Proraso is great, makes for an ultra smooth shave that feels awesome when done. TOBS thought I think is just a bit better especially considering you can get it in the scent of your choice and for me it shaves just as well.

My 1st cream was Proraso which is a great cream.
I found Clubman Lather at SBS for $3.50 a tube and it is a real bargain.
I think its too early in the game for me to claim a fav.
I will enjoy moving down the list.

Top Bottom