What's new

GFT Coral Skin Food

You guys have convinced me to order the Limes cream and Skin Food. Not like I needed much arm twisting.:tongue_sm

Lucky you! I love the stuff. I wish I got a sample of their cologne. It will cost you $50-$60 for both, but they should last you a year. :001_tt2:

Love the Coral Skin Food...not so much the smell which is somewhat fleeting, but the great way it makes my face feel. I also think it makes for a great pre-shave. Put it on before shower for a few minutes and I swear it helps soften up the whiskers a lot.

It's much like the Witch Hazel to me. It has a smell when first applied, but the scent doesn't have any legs...

Love the Coral Skin Food...not so much the smell which is somewhat fleeting, but the great way it makes my face feel. I also think it makes for a great pre-shave. Put it on before shower for a few minutes and I swear it helps soften up the whiskers a lot.

It's much like the Witch Hazel to me. It has a smell when first applied, but the scent doesn't have any legs...

+1

The smell isn't great (Limes is amazing!), but the smell of both goes away very quickly. If there was a bottle of Coral SF on the BST cheap, I'd get it.

Witch Hazel smells bad, but the smell isn't rancid, and lasts about 4 seconds. I don't why people complain.... and after month I'm actually starting to like it. And wow does it work.

Witch Hazel smells bad, but the smell isn't rancid, and lasts about 4 seconds. I don't why people complain.... and after month I'm actually starting to like it. And wow does it work.

No kidding...scent sensitivity varies with all of us I guess. It smells odd, no doubt. But it's so momentary and the benifits so cool...

i just ordered some of the Coral. i love rose scents, and I'll probably apply just before bed. I had been using corn huskers in this way, but it flakes up when it dries--it's just not supposed to be used as a face lotion

i just ordered some of the Coral. i love rose scents, and I'll probably apply just before bed. I had been using corn huskers in this way, but it flakes up when it dries--it's just not supposed to be used as a face lotion

Just had another sniff of Coral. Money well spent! A delightful subtle scent ... love it!

Aaron

Just had another sniff of Coral. Money well spent! A delightful subtle scent ... love it!

Aaron

I smelled it again this morning. Not my favorite, and I think it smells like roses, but damn does it make my face feel good! :001_tt1:

Ok, I've now received my Coral Skin food and I love it.

To me, it definitely smells like rose (others indicated they didn't think so), but with lots of other complex scents going on, including the obvious menthol kick.

I feel the scent has more lasting power than the limes. I rubbed my face mid-morning and it was still there.

To me, it definitely smells like rose (others indicated they didn't think so), but with lots of other complex scents going on, including the obvious menthol kick.

I feel the scent has more lasting power than the limes. I rubbed my face mid-morning and it was still there.

Roses yes... but menthol? Really?

I used it this morning. I don't care for the scent, but wow did my face feel good. I used it with Trumper Rose (both samples) and although I don't care for that scent either, both products are great and my shave was wonderful today.

Trumper makes same fine stuff (or perhaps they "label" some fine stuff)

I got mine too and really love it. The Rose is very nice and simple. The skin food works infitinely better than plain ol' Corn huskers, and doesn't "flake" up

I like to use the coral as a preshave with Trumpers sandalwood, the scents work well together at least for me. I think the preshave qualities of the coral are great.

I like to use the coral as a preshave with Trumpers sandalwood, the scents work well together at least for me. I think the preshave qualities of the coral are great.

I use it as a preshave as well but have tried it with sandalwood yet. Now that I think of it, I have a bottle of sandalwood skin food I haven't tried either. Something tells me my shave den has grown a little large when I have to start thinking about taking inventory.:wink2:

I used it this morning. I don't care for the scent, but wow did my face feel good.

If you like the feel of the Skin Food but don't like the scent of the Coral, try the Limes. It has a quick but understated hit of lime scent that fades out to nothing in a matter of minutes, and effectively functions as an unscented application. The Sandalwood is nice, too, but its scent is more pronounced than the Limes, to be sure.

BTW, both the Coral and the Limes have menthol in them (the Sandalwood doesn't), but I find its impact is very mild, both in terms of affecting the scent, and how it feels on the skin.

Top Bottom