What's new

GFT Coral Skin Food

The Coral smells so strong. I *like* rose, but Coral Skin Food was just overwhelming to me. I've not bothered trying any of the other Skin Foods. There are so many good alternatives out there that are more accessible, cheaper, and possibly better.

I have had two bottles of this. The first one was very nice and pleasant. The second smelled rancid and terrible.

I have a sample of it, but it starts to give me a headache after the first sniff, so I haven't dared to put it on my face. I'm just not a fan of floral scents. In fact I haven't even lathered up any of the floral creams I got in my Taylor's and Trumper's sample packs.

I have a sample of it, but it starts to give me a headache after the first sniff, so I haven't dared to put it on my face. I'm just not a fan of floral scents. In fact I haven't even lathered up any of the floral creams I got in my Taylor's and Trumper's sample packs.

I have been running a bit of an experiment with the Coral Skin Food. I find it works well, but every time I use it, without fail, I wake up with a nasty headache (I always shave at night). Seems like the smell is causing me some sinus issues. It sucks, cuz I actually really like the stuff.

I have been running a bit of an experiment with the Coral Skin Food. I find it works well, but every time I use it, without fail, I wake up with a nasty headache (I always shave at night). Seems like the smell is causing me some sinus issues. It sucks, cuz I actually really like the stuff.

Bummer. Are you able to try the lime scent to see if you experience the same issue? I find the lime works just as well as the Coral (on me, at least), with a much more subtle - and to my nose, nicer - scent.

I like the lime skin food scent - smells like a subtly mentholated limoncello.

Been meaning to try the coral skin food as I'm a fan of GFT rose cream, but concerned based on what I'm hearing here.

I don't think we can get Corn Huskers Lotion in the UK, does that smell of roses too?

Didn't see that anyone answered your question yet. No, it must definitely does not smell like roses! It's purpose is to soothe chapped hands in the winter, which is what I use it for. The derivation of the name is from its use by farmers who shucked (husked) corn by hand in the fall and winter while walking beside a horse-drawn farm wagon. Some seem to use it as a aftershave balm. I have tried it, and decided to continue using it on my hands. For me it does not absorb into the skin of my face easily, and its aroma is not made to be "aftershave pleasing".

Coral skin food is OK, but I've grown tired of it long before I finished my bottle. I prefer the scent of the sandalwood. I think the coral skin food smells like roses, which I like. Unfortunately, it also has a slight medicinal scent that I'm not crazy about.

I actually like the Coral. I have a bottle of Sandalwood I'm trying next. Scent seemed pretty good in the bottle.

I recently re-ordered a 100ml bottle of each (Coral, Limes and Sandalwood).

To me Limes is candy-like a stark contrast to the floral-lime scent of the soap and EDT. However, they go together very very well.

Sandalwood is just that. It is a bit stronger in the bottle than it is on the skin but it is a fantastic scent.

Coral is a very strong rose in the bottle but an odd almost sickening scent when it is initially applied. However, once it dries down it is much more subtle and pleasant.

I keep these three and they get regular use. I mix/match Sandalwood and Rose soaps and Skin Food options regularly. The limes is used exclusively with my GFT Limes shave (soap or cream) and EDT.

They are a bit pricey, but for my skin they are fantastic.

Last edited:
I recently re-ordered a 100mL bottle of each (Coral, Limes and Sandalwood).

To me Limes is candy-like a stark contrast to the floral-lime scent of the soap and EDT. However, they go together very very well.

Sandalwood is just that. It is a bit stronger in the bottle than it is on the skin but it is a fantastic scent.

Coral is a very strong rose in the bottle but an odd almost sickening scent when it is initially applied. However, once it dries down it is much more subtle and pleasant.

I keep these three and they get regular use. I mix/match Sandalwood and Rose soaps and Skin Food options regularly. The limes is used exclusively with my GFT Limes shave (soap or cream) and EDT.

They are a bit pricey, but for my skin they are fantastic.

I totally agree... I think Skin Food is amazing, as is Trumper's Limes cream.

I don't care for the smell of coral, but it makes my skin feel so amazing all day. And the smell dissipates quickly.

BTW, I have 3 8ml bottles of each, and I could see them lasting for 3+ months (seriously) because I need so little. 3 100ml bottles should last you a lifetime. :)

I totally agree... I think Skin Food is amazing, as is Trumper's Limes cream.

I don't care for the smell of coral, but it makes my skin feel so amazing all day. And the smell dissipates quickly.

BTW, I have 3 8ml bottles of each, and I could see them lasting for 3+ months (seriously) because I need so little. 3 100ml bottles should last you a lifetime. :)

Indeed, I've had my current 100ml bottle for the last 13-14 months and it is still 1/4 full. Although 1/4 full was slim enough to prompt the reorder of all three! :lol:

Indeed, I've had my current 100ml bottle for the last 13-14 months and it is still 1/4 full. Although 1/4 full was slim enough to prompt the reorder of all three! :lol:

You never know what could happen... hehehehe

People complain about the price, but it's really not that much since it lasts so long. To me the Limes is about the greatest cream and Skin Food on the planet.

Sandalwood and Coral at the top then Limes at the bottom for me.
Maybe you guys who don't like Coral got a bad batch if that is possible.

Aaron

People complain about the price, but it's really not that much since it lasts so long. To me the Limes is about the greatest cream and Skin Food on the planet.

I couldn't agree more!

You guys have convinced me to order the Limes cream and Skin Food. Not like I needed much arm twisting.:tongue_sm

Top Bottom